Chapter 25: Pause, play, rewind.

HEY MY DEVILLED EGGS, ITZÁ ME.

DID YA MISS ME? 

DO YOU LIKE WAFFLES, BC I HAD SOME FOR DESSERT AND THEY WERE DELISH!

ARE YOU EXITED FOR THE CHAPTER? 

DO YOU WANNA KNOW HOW I GOT SCAMMED BY MY PE TEACHERS SON?

NO? DOESNT SURPRISE ME. 

WELL ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE CHAPTER, I SENT A LOT OF TIME ON IT AND REVIEWING THE PLOT FOR THE REST OF THE BOOK TO MAKE SURE IT ALL LINES UP.....AND IT DOES! 

YOU PROBABLY JUST WANT TO GET ON WITH THE CHAPTER SOOOO.....

—————————————————————————————————————————

Emma's POV: 

Shorty after Adrien left, Louis and Charlotte came in with a reasonably well kept DVD player we could sync to the tv. It was a little old, a few scratches on the screen, which is why it had to be connected to the television in our room. We hoped no-one else would hear it but there wasn't much we could about that other than playing it at a low volume. 

As Louis "the tech expert" Agreste was hooking it up to the screen Charlotte approached me. "So, in the time we were out did you find any other way to mess up our future?" I knew she meant it as a joke but that hit me hard. She let out a chuckle and I did the same as to not worry her. "Seriously, I don't wanna die now....soon, before," she let out a high breath, like a one chuckled laugh "you know what I mean." 

"You won't. I'll do everything I can to make sure we all get back safely." I knew I answered her more serious than she had intended but I knew I'd messed something else up. I just hoped that the video mum and dad sent us was less than 2 hours because any longer than that and I might've been late to meet up with my parents. 

I have to keep that a secret. I thought to myself. The hard part wouldn't be getting out of the house, I could be "going to the bathroom." It's getting back. If I mess up, Adrien could lose his miraculous. Then what happens? I don't want to think about it. 

"We are ready for the movie!" Louis distracted me from my thoughts. 

Sure enough the screen was flashing 'no disc inserted' over and over. That stopped when I loaded mum's CD into the player. 

Suddenly the screen went black. Then appeared our living room, it's cream walls hidden behind shelves of family photos, awards and plants. Tears started to form in my eyes when I saw mum walk on screen. She was exactly how I remembered her being the day we had to leave. Her raven hair in a pixie cut around her head; the twinkle in the corner of her eyes. They were the perfect shade of blue to resemble a bluebell. I looked around and saw that both Charlotte and Louis had the same expression as me. 

Dad walked on next, sitting on the sofa next to my mother. Again, sending more emotions into me. They both took a deep breath and looked at each other. Mum spoke first. "Hey Emma, and maybe my other adorable children! If you're watching this then your dad and I are extremely proud of you." Despite the cheerfulness of her sentence she sounded nervous, maybe even afraid. It gave me flashbacks to how she sounded the day I left. "I know how scared you all must be and I'm sorry that we sent you into the past without saying a word or giving you instructions." 

I saw a tear leave my eye and roll down my cheek. That's exactly how I felt. 

Dad started to speak now, mirroring my mum's tone exactly. He sounded so alike to the boy who asked me to meet him at the Eiffel Tower. "We didn't tell you where to go or what to do but knowing my Emma you're probably watching this in—," 

"What happened!!?" I heard Charlotte complain. 

"I think the video stopped," I began looking around, not really paying attention to my siblings bickering. 

"I can see that dumb-ass," 

I sat up and looked behind me to see the remote. "Oops! Guys that was me, I sat on the remote!" Charlotte and Louis sighed as I sat down and apologetically smiled. I pressed the play button and set the remote down in front of me. 

"in your grandfather's house." 

My mum chimed it, "not that we approve of the blackmail in any way! But I'm glad you have a some-what welcoming accommodation." 

"Hey that's not very fair! I lived there for 18 years of my life!" 

"And look how you turned out," my mum teased the 40 year old chat noir. He pouted and she scratched his ears. "I'm joking kitty, you're the best guy in the world." I heard Charlotte say 'aww' under her breath whilst Louis had no shame in yelling!

"We travelled through time and we STILL have to listen to their CUTE PET NAMES!" I paused the video and we all started laughing. Louis' cheeked flushed from embarrassment whilst I played the CD. 

"I know my lady." He looked right at the camera and I felt some more tears stream down my face. "Anyway, we're getting off topic. We are both so impressed that you were able to find a way to play this video but there is something we need to ask of you. This might be hard for you to do and you might think that it could ruin any chance you have of getting home but the mistake me and your mother made was big." 

My mum finished the request my dad had started to ask of us. "We need you to steal the butterfly miraculous. It was our mistake to give it out again, but we want to spend the rest of our lives with you in a world with no more fighting, no more times where you thought mummy and daddy weren't combing home after babysitting. But we can't send ourselves into the past, so we sent you." She took a breath and looked at me through the camera- or that's what it felt like. "Find the miraculous after we defeat hawkmoth. If bunnix sent you to the right time then it should only be a week or so until we do. Hide it, burry it, destroy it if you have a way to. Just don't let my or Adrien or any of your aunts and uncles get hold of it, please." 

My dad put a hand on ladybug's. He started to speak in the most serious tone I've ever heard. "Emma," he paused. Trying to find a way to phrase his sentence. "If you even find yourself alone, like everyone around you is gone and there's no way out, don't be afraid to tell everyone you're————

The screen blacked out. 

"EMMA!" Louis and charl said in harmony. I looked for the remote. It was still in front of me, I hadn't pressed anything. 

"IT WASNT ME, I HAVENT TOUCHED THE REMOTE!" I grabbed it and re-wound the tape. Hoping that it would continue dads sentence. Ever time it cut him off even sooner than before.

"Just forward it to the bit after." Louis told me. So I did, but it didn't go any further than "Emma," it's like the next part of the video never existed. 

"I'm trying Louis!" I strongly told him back. He snatched the remote from me and re-wound to the beginning. "What did you do that for!" 

The tape started to play from the beginning, the empty living room followed by mum and dad. "Playing from the beginning, to see if that works." My brother said it like he knew everything. I looked behind him and the screen went black again. 

"Yeah, that worked a treat. See if the disc needs a clean!" Charlotte got up to follow my suggestion as me and Louis battled for the remote. I watched her pop open the DVD player. 

"Guys......" she said nervously. We didn't need to know what had happened from her. She turned around as the tv screen flashed 'no disc insterted'. She whispered loudly and frightened. "I didn't take it out of the player." We all stood in silence. "I think that disc is gone..." 

Me and Louis spoke in sync. In the same panicked yet amused voice. 

"Ohhh  no...."