Craig's ASD part 3

Istg I will never get away from this topic. Well, since I will do anything to get out of working, he's more evidence that Craig is autistic. I know you guys are probably bored with this theory, but I can't help but think of more shit. Maybe I should wait a few months before coming back to this. Oh well, I'm already here, so let's fuck it up!

First and foremost, we know Tweek and Craig were friends before the whole Tweek x Craig thing happened right? I assume so anyways, because I've been rewatching the show (Like I said, I'll do anything to get out of work) and they're almost always seen together, kinda like lyra and bon bon from mlp. So where am I going with this? Well, a lesser known symptom of autism, correct me if I'm wrong, but they are very loyal people. They are bad at starting conversation, but once they do make a friend, they will be very loyal to them. If that friend were to betray them, they will be very upset because they would never do the same. Remember how upset Craig was when Tweek turned on him during the fake breakup. Also, in the Stick of truth game, we know Craig and Clyde were friends around that time, well when Clyde got exiled, Craig agreed to help him do whatever he was doing, I forgot. He stayed loyal, despite Clyde playing the enemy team.

Okay, this is gonna sound like stretch, but I'm gonna go back to the social skills thing for a bit. I think Craig is pretty good at noticing social cues. I mean, to an extent. In that one episode where the boys made a tv show thing for the school (I'm gonna remember it later, just watch) and Craig became popular. When the guys were mad because he was popular, he went up to them happily and talked about his success. When the guys showed that they were mad, he quickly switched to being mad, said a comeback and left. Another thing, he might not understand the difference between sarcasm and genuinity. You know how he sounds most sarcastic when either being genuine or trying to sound so? Yeah, sarcasm is a very hard concept to grasp. It was hard for my brother anyways. When he was playing a fake breakup with tweek, he sounded more sarcastic than convincing. And, in the fractured but whole, when you help his get stripe, he genuinely thanks you, but he sounds sarcastic. One more thing. When Tweek was panicking after seeing the president, Craig automatically assumed that he was having a panic attack, most likely because he's been told so many times by either Tweek or their parents that Tweeks "just having a panic attack" so he just assumes whenever Tweek is getting upset or scared, it's because hes just having a panic attack, which can really invalidate Tweeks emotions.

Okay, here's what the south park archives website had to say about Craigs personality.

"Craig seems to be the most stoic, cynical, apathetic, and deadpan kid in , having a more abrasive personality than the rest of the characters, a trait exaggerated by his deeper-than-average voice. He has been described as pragmatic, monotone, and sarcastic. He also appears to be more logical and mature than some of his peers, typically being the one to call them out on their ignorance. He generally prefers to be left alone, harboring very few but simple interests. In the making of , it was written on a whiteboard that he only cares about his , and his boyfriend, Tweek." 

Sounds sus to me.

I have to admit, Craig has matured over the years, using his monotone voice and deadpan face to calm tweek at his lowest. He seems to understand emotions more after Heidi yells that sometimes they just want to vent, and not get answered. 

Lying is a big thing that kids with autism are bad at. I suspect that's also Craig didn't try fighting Tweek back. Firstly, he was upset his friend betrayed him, but he wouldn't have been as convincing as Tweek. 

Okay, I know this is a big stereotype, but don't leave yet! Hear me out, there's a big misconception that all autistic kids are bad. Well, remember how Cartman made a bet that Craig is a worse kid than Tweek? WEll, isn't Eric Cartman notorious for believing stereotypes? Isn't it all adding up? Cartman probably assumed Craig was a bad kid because of his autism, even though ,at the time of airing, Craig never really did anything remotely bad. Sure he flips people off, but if that's his stim like I mentioned before, then that's actually kind of sad. People think he's bad because he flips people off, but that's just his stim. Sad. 

To me this argument is believable because I've experienced it. Well, not me, but I was a witness. There's this kid in my grade, whos autistic, and everyone thinks he's "weird" and "gross" because one of his stims is picking his nose. People are mean to him, and I'm too shy to stand up for him. If you want, leave some tips so I can do that when we go back to school.

Routine. Very important to autistic people. Craigs said it canonically that he likes things boring and plain. He also didn't want to fight Tweek in favor of watching the same show he watches everyday after school with his guinea pig. Even though he watches it every day, he still didn't want to break routine, until Stripe was involved I guess.

Anyways, it's a possibility. I know that I'm gonna think of more for this theory at some point. I mean, we are getting a 24th season soon, so who knows. Maybe they'll be more evidence, or better, a canon confirmation! Ha, in my dreams. I can only hope that one day, Tweek stumbles upon it, and sees that Craig has a high number of symptoms. Craig would shrug it off. He seems to be fine with who he is, autistic or not.