Chapter 13

Thoughts: 'Blah. Blah. Blah.'

Flashback: Blah. Blah. Blah. ( [END]FLASHBACK before/after them)

Hedwig: "Blah. Blah. Blah."

Parseltongue: {Blah. Blah. Blah.}

Letters/Articles/Writing: Blah. Blah. Blah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 13

"Harry, where are we going?" Draco Malfoy is being dragged through the corridors of Hogwarts by his best friend. It is a weekend, so most students are out on the grounds or holed up somewhere doing homework or studying.

"You'll see." Harry states cryptically, failing to sate Draco's curiosity.

"You're one helpful bloke, you know that?" Draco rolls his eyes, still being pulled along by Harry.

"It's a skill." Harry says airily, ignoring Draco's jibe.

The two boys finally reach their destination and Harry comes to a stop, Draco running into him from behind and nearly knocking them over. "Where are we?" Draco asks, taking a few steps back to survey the area.

"The kitchens." Harry states simply, beginning to walk forward.

"The kitchens? You dragged me out of bed to go to the kitchens!?" Draco raises his voice. "We're not even allowed in here, Harry!"

"I am. The elves like me." Harry takes Draco's hand once more and pulls him forward. He looks right and then left, checking to make sure nobody will see them enter, and then pushes the door open. The second Harry steps foot in the room he is bombarded with exclamations of "Master Harry" and "Has you been eating right?". Draco is still standing in the doorway, gaping at the scene unfolding before him. A few of the elves run up to Harry and hug his legs, looking up at him with admiration shining in their eyes. "Hey guys." Harry gestures to the shocked blond standing behind him. "This is my friend, Draco Malfoy."

"Hello Master Draco. Any friend of Master Harry is a friend of ours." One of the older elves addresses Draco.

"Harry, may I speak to you for a moment." Draco takes Harry's hand before he can respond and drags him back through the doors, leaving a room full of disappointed and shocked house elves.

"What is your problem?" Harry questions, the beginnings of annoyance bubbling up at his friend's antics.

"Why are you associating with them." Draco says the word "them" acidicly and Harry is instantly reminded that Draco has been raised in a pureblood family. Therefore, his views on house elves is probably nothing like Harry's.

"They have names, Draco. And they aren't inferior to us, if that's what you're thinking." Harry crosses his arms and assumes a defensive position.

"But they're house elves, Harry."

"And?" Harry raises an eyebrow at his friend, unamused and angry.

"And I- They..." Draco trails off as Harry glares at him.

"They are some of the only creatures in existence that seem to actually care for me so you will either respect them, or leave. I won't stop you." Harry points down the corridor, his expression icy.

"Fine!" Draco shouts, the sound echoing in the deserted hallway. He turns on his heels and storms off, leaving Harry standing alone with unshed tears in his eyes.

"Fine." Harry whispers and walks back into the kitchen sniffling. The house elves look up as Harry enters.

"Master Harry? Are you okay?" One of the elves walks up to Harry and pulls on his sleeve.