𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡 [𝟐]

request prompt: cuddles with grealish.

word count: 570

warnings: none

category: fluff

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Having been Jack Grealish's girlfriend for just over six months now, you had gotten used to his footballer lifestyle. He was a busy man, especially being the captain of his club who were back in the Premier League. It meant that he was always at training when you were home and you were at work when he was home. Sometimes it meant that you didn't get to spend a whole lot of quality time together. It was a struggle but what was a relationship without its struggles.

It was another one of those days. Jack was at training and living his dream life whilst you were supposed to also be at work. You were supposed to be working a twelve hour shift but you had decided to call in sick at the last minute. It wasn't that you hated your job because you didn't. In fact, you loved it. Like Jack's, it was your dream job and you loved it with all of your heart, happy with yourself that you had finally achieved your dreams. It just so happened that you had fallen ill. Not only did you have the worst cold ever but you also happened to get your period. You had never felt worse in your entire life.

Because of your illness, you had spent the entire day lying in bed, wishing that your boyfriend was lying next to you and giving you one of his famous hugs. In your very expert opinion, Jack gave the best hugs ever. He was the perfect height, not too tall and not too small, and the perfect build which meant that he was the perfect hug giver. It was rare that you would receive one since you didn't live together and with your busy schedules, hugs were just not top of the priority list. Until tonight that is.

Whilst Jack was at training, you had sent him a text, asking him to visit your house after training. You had left out the fact that you were feeling very sorry for yourself because if you didn't and he couldn't make it, you knew that he would be feeling guilty and you didn't want that for your boyfriend.

You didn't hear back from Jack all day but it was okay because at approximately half past four in the afternoon, you heard a knock at the door. You left your comfortable position on the couch, dropping all of your blankets to the floor and trudged towards the door. Opening it up, you broke out into a smile when you noticed Jack standing in front of you with a bouquet of flowers and a box of tissues.

"I knew because you were supposed to be working a twelve hour shift." Jack offered you a sympathetic smile as he entered your flat and put the flowers in a vase of water.

The two of you headed back over to the couch. He put on your favourite film before sitting next to you and pulling you into his side and giving you one of his signature hugs. It comforted you and suddenly, you felt a lot better and it was all because you had your boyfriend by your side.

The cuddles you received that night were like no other you had ever had. His strong arms wrapped around you made you feel warm, safe and secure.
Jack Grealish really did give the best cuddles known to man.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

a/n: hi! sorry that this took so long. i'm going to try and catch up with some requests tomorrow. i don't really know why it's taking so long but i'll get there! don't you worry!

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x