Blue Hair meets Blue Eyes

I didn't realise what was happening until it was too late. I took a wrong step while walking down the stairs after my last Photography class at Manchester University before the break. We'd just been discussing what work we should do over the Christmas holidays, and as I was walking out I forgot there was a great big set of stairs because I was so focused on the song I was listening to, which, in hindsight, was incredibly stupid.

Up In The Sky was playing as I fell. Bit ironic. I fell fast and hard, completely unaware of the steep, stone steps. When I landed however, I fell flat on my back, and onto flat grass.

What?

I rubbed my eyes, then pulled my headphones out of my ears. What was I doing on grass? There's no grass near the photography block.

I tucked my headphones into my pocket and opened my eyes. There were two guys stood above me who were really fucking gorgeous. And familiar.

"You alright, Love?" The one on the left asked.

"What you doin' in a bush?" The one on the right then questioned.

"Dunno." I responded dryly. The bloke on my left then gave me my hand and I pulled myself up, stumbling.

He caught me, then said,

"You pissed or sommat?"

"I wish, my head kills." I replied. I dusted myself off then looked back to them and gave them a once over. Then I realised why they looked so familiar.

"Holy shit! You're Liam and Noel!" Then I realised I must've watched one too many Oasis interviews, because they looked like Liam and Noel from the 90's.

"You know us?" They're the spitting image of Liam and Noel, scarily so, and they seemed to answer to their dopplegänger's names, so I took a shot and went with the idea that I must be in some sort of weird lucid dream or coma.

"Er, yeah, saw you play at the boardwalk a few times. Your gigs are great."

"Course they are, they're my band." Liam, on my right, responded cockily, puffing out his chest. Noel just rolled his eyes.

"What's your name?" Noel asked, ignoring his brother's inflated ego.

"Delilah, Delilah Davis." I said with a smile.

"Well, Delilah Davis, you've got leaves in your hair." My eyes widened and Liam started snickering. I quickly ran my fingers through my bright blue hair that contrasted with my now red face. Noel reached out to help pick them out.

"Where you from in Manc?" He asked, picking up on my accent, then throwing the leaves from my hair on the ground. I dusted my hands on my skirt.

"Rusholme."

"How come I never seen you round here before, then?"

"Went to Manchester High for girls, had plain brown hair till about a week ago. Guess we never crossed paths."

"I'd hang out around there after school with my mates, I'd definitely have noticed you, love." Liam butted in.

"Aren't you two, like, in your 20's?" I raised my eyebrows. Noel choked.

"You aren't still at high school are ya?" He questioned, clearly spooked by my supposed age.

"God no, I'm 19 and at Uni, thank fuck. 'M doing Photography." I laughed at his sudden fear and subsequent relief, gesturing to my Mum's old film camera that she had in the 90's. Perhaps that helps with my not being suspicious in this incredibly strange situation.

Liam nudged his brother, "Maybe she could do some photos on tour for us." He winked at me. The icy cold was really starting to get to me despite my tights, fuzzy socks and thick jacket. I should be on the bus back to my flat right now, not stood in a freezing cold field in 1994. I rubbed my arms trying to warm myself up.

"What park is this? Need to figure out how to get back home."

"Cringle Park, in Burnage." Noel informed me. I nodded.

"That's not too far from my campus, Fallowfield. Ought to get back before I freeze to death." I laughed when I saw my breath. It was way colder than 2020.

"Want us to walk you back? It's getting pretty dark." Noel smacked Liam over the head when he said that, but I'm not about to turn down a walk home in the dark. From the Gallaghers or otherwise.

"Well, I'm not gonna say no if you're offerin'. I only live in the Fallowfield campus." I tell them honestly. Noel sighs at Liam.

"Go on then. Since Liam's clearly intent on hangin' around with ya, do you want to come with us to the pub later with some of the others? We're going to the Queens in Burnage, if you know it."

I'm also definitely not going to turn down going to the pub with two or more members of Oasis.

"Go on then." I said nonchalantly.

I checked my hair one last time and we started