Chapter 8: Twisted

"Has Chase asked you to the dance yet?" Bree asks, pulling a sparkly green dress off the rack.

"Not formally, no." you admit, picking up a black heeled shoe to check the size.

"What? Why not? Ugh, he is such a dork!" she groans.

You chuckle. "I know, he's a little socially awkward, but I really like him." you reply, shrugging as you put the shoes back on the display. "What about you? Has Ethan asked you yet?" you question, walking towards another rack of dresses.

"Actually, yes." Bree says matter-of-factly, holding a light pink dress up to her body.

"Really? When?" you squeal, suddenly VERY interested.

"Last Tuesday, right after chemistry" she says, smiling.

"Man, everything happens to you in chemistry!" you giggle, recalling that Bree had first  met Ethan in chemistry.

Bree laughs "Guess so!" she links your arm in hers, as the two of you make your way over to the dressing rooms carrying dresses in each of your hands.

You shut the dressing room door behind you, and you hear Bree do the same in the dressing room next to you. You tug on the first dress, which was lace and had a black bow.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=64731623

You jump out and show Bree, twirling around in the dress. She does the same, wearing:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=64737720 (Dress 1)

It was pretty, a dark red witha a high-low cut.

"I like it," she says "but it's really itchy. I don't think I could spend a whole night in this dress." she says, scrunching up her nose.

You nod, understanding. "I don't love this dress," you say, motioning towards your dress "it looked better on the rack."

Bree grins, and goes back into the dressing stall, and you do the same. Dress number two fits weird, dress 3 was too simple, and looked boring, dress 4 wasn't the right color, dress 5 was too tight, dress 6 was cute, but still didn't LOVE it, dress 7 made you feel like a mermaid, and so on.

Bree's POV

I think I've decided on my dress. It's really pretty, a simple light blue-green dress. I walk out of the dressing stall, and hang the other dresses on the rack of things to be put away.

As I'm hanging up the last dress, I hear a click behind me. I turn around, and my eyes widen at the sight.

"Wow." I breathe.

"Like it?" (Y/N) asks, twirling around, sending the skirt of the dress fluttering around. The dress is gorgeous, a  teal one-shouldered dress with silver accents. The dress is the perfect color on her, and fits her just right. She looks amazing.

"Buy it. Right now." I urge, nodding enthusiastically.

"What's the big deal?" she asks, shrugging.

"Have you even looked at yourself in the mirror while wearing this dress?" I ask, lifting an eyebrow.

"No, wh-" she doesn't finish her sentence, as I cut her off by spinning her around, so that she is facing the triple mirror in the changing stall.

"Whoa" she whispers, mesmerised by the figure in the reflection standing infront of her.

"I know" I say, nodding in agreement.

After she's changed back into her regular clothes, we check out and head to the food court.