When He Gets Jealous

Thomas:

It was a slow day at the glade, the sky dark grey. It was no surprise when rain started pouring down onto the glade. I had seen Thomas come back from the maze 5 minutes ago, so I didn't have to worry about my boyfriend. But me being a Track-hoe meant we were in a muddy field, decently far from shelter.

"Newt c'mon, we gotta go! We're gonna get all muddy."

"I'm coming love, just hold up." He finishes putting all the tools in a bucket, then grabs my hand and pulls me towards the homestead.

On the way there, Newt trips and falls into a puddle of mud. I stand there and laugh and he fakes a scowl towards me. He flicks his hand up in a quick motion and a splat of mud finds its way on my shirt.

"Aaah, c'mon Newt! Now I have to do laundry again."

He laughs and gets up. We run to the homestead and quickly get inside where a ton of the other guys are. I spot Thomas and I grin at him. He doesn't smile back, just frowns. My grin drops and my eyebrows furrow in confusion at his attitude.

I shriek when I feel two arms wrap me in a tight hug from the side. I turn my head and see it's Newt, still muddy.

"Neeewwwtttt!" I half groan, half laugh out. "You're washing my laundry tomorrow."

"Fair enough." He laughs, along with a few other gladers near us.

I laugh and make my way over to Thomas.

"Hey babes!"

"Hey..." He mumbles.

"What's wrong Tommy?" I whisper with a frown.

He just shakes his head and avoids eye contact with me.

I huff and grab his hand leading him up the stairs of the homestead towards my room. I got one since I'm the only girl in the glade. I walk into my room and shut the door before he can come in.

"Give me a second to change." I call out through the door. I do just that and in about three minutes am changed into a new pair of clothes and open the door to let him in.

"What's up Thomas? You're acting weird.

He looks up at me then back at the ground. "Do you... Like Newt?"

"What?" He's... Jealous? This is the first time I've ever encountered a jealous Thomas.

"You know, do you wish that Newt was your boyfriend? I mean he's way better than me. You get way more time to spend with him and you don't have to worry about him dying while he's out in the maze everyday. Plus he's way better-."

I cut him off by pulling him down to me by the collar of my shirt. I look him square in the eyes and say, "I don't love Newt, I love you. He's like a brother to me!" I say incredulously. "Me not seeing you all day makes it ten times more exciting when I get to spend time with you in the evenings. You risking your life everyday to find a way out makes you all the more better, because that's so selfless of you. Plus, your way better looking and that's a major bonus."
He cracks a smile and gives me a sweet kiss. "I love you too Y/N."

Newt:

"Shoot." Well, this day is panning out to be a great one. I was just walking out the door to go to my job in the kitchens, when my door just falls apart on me. I huff and step around the debris, and walk out of the homestead. I look around for the builders and I finally spot Gally, a few of the other builders, and my boyfriend Newt.

"Hey Gal, hey baby!" I approach them. Newt smiles at me and Gally nods his head letting out a 'sup.

I face Gally and ask him, "Hey, could you or one of your builders fix my door in the homestead? I would do it myself, but it's way too heavy and you're way stronger than me."