Heartless Bachelor

*Flashback*
Its a cool Sunday afternoon as Marco Tarantino's eyes opened to the familiar sound of a birthday song. He sits up quickly as his parents, Cristiano and Luciana Tarantino who holds his little brother Alex in her arms enter his room. A large smile goes on his face as he felt the grateful tears in his eyes. But a jab of pain hits him in the chest and he couldn't figure out why. He didn't care at the moment and looked to the cake being held by his father who holds a giant smile.

"Happy Birthday, Marco." Cristiano says, holding the cake out to his oldest son in pride.

"Thanks, papa." Marco says, he looks to Alex who was just two years old at the time.

"Happy birthday mijo." Luciana smiles, Marco smiles back at his mother before he blows out the candles.

Then the scenery changes to a worn down laundromat building. Marco runs into the back halls of the building and burst through to see Theo Reyes boxing with his dad, Emilio Reyes. The two stop and smiles at the young eleven year old boy.

"Happy Birthday, Marco!" Theo shouts, but then falls to the floor as Emilio catches him off guard, "Oof!"

"Never get distracted, son. You know this already. Happy Birthday Marco." Emilio smiles, as Theo glares at his father before he runs out of the ring and wraps his arms around his best friend.

"Eleven! Your gonna get one hot girl this time." Theo winks, Marco rolls his eyes as Emilio sighs to himself.

He makes a mental note that he really needs to keep Theo away from his brother, Julio.

"Girls, are not what I'm after. I wanna be a Doctor!" Marco says, causing Emilio to feel proud of his best friends son. But also sadness as he knows that Marco is unfortunate to be born in the world of the mafia.

"How's Alex?" Emilio asks, thinking of the smaller boy of the Tarantino's.

Alex was born with a rare blood disease and had many appointments with many doctors to find some type of cure or a way to keep him healthy. It brought distraught on Cristiano as he knew the medical insurance was expensive during this time.

"He's doing good, I believe he's gonna be healed!" Marco says, Emilio smiles as he pats the young boys head. He knew the reason why Marco wanted to be a doctor.

Alex is a great blessing to Marco who was undeniably excited to be an older brother. Marco loved his brother and would do anything for him. He wanted to be a doctor to help his baby brother, it pained Marco to not be able to do anything. Emilio could see how determined the young man was to be something he may never reach. Not because he couldn't do it but because no matter what...Marco was stuck being in the mafia.

"We got you something!" Theo says, Marco smiles but winces as his back and left shoulder stings. He gasps as the pain hits him harder and he falls back onto the floor.

This time however an older Marco is in the alley, his head turned on its side staring at Theo Reyes who is much older now. Rain falls down on him as he lays on the floor in his own blood. A man holding a gun at his face and Marco wondered why his best friend and brother would let anyone do this to him.

"Why..." he whispers, tears fall down his face as Theo turns away...
*end of flashback*

Alistair Robertson jolts up in his bed as his alarm blares him awake. Sweat runs down his face and neck as he looks around himself. His over cleaned room greets him back in the dark as he sighs turning off his alarm. Moving his legs over the bed, he turns on the lamp and winces as his left shoulder tenses up. Rubbing his shoulder, the light from the lamp shines on a bullet scar and a large jagged scar on his back. Ignoring the pain he walks to his bathroom and begins his daily routine.