Chapter 1

John-Paul POV

I teach my kids that every story has a beginning, middle and end. Then I get asked if there is a story I don't want to end. I always say no but truth is there is one I don't want to end but it all ended when the letter came through the post box this morning. Ste and I were officially divorced. No longer Mr and Mr McQueen. The story had ended.

I opened the letter with James while he opened his letters. James and I are a good match. We had a high level of combined intelligence. He is a Lawyer and I am an A-Level English Teacher. What more could you want. James got letters about people needing lawyers and I only got the divorce finalisation and a letter saying that Finn would be staying in prison.

"I am going to go to the shops, we need some stuff for dinner tonight. Do you need anything?" I ask him as I get my coat on.

"No I am ok thank you." He says getting up and joining me by the door. He kisses me and I head out.

As I step outside I see Ste. He looked rough but I didn't ask why. He probably had another argument with Harry.

"Morning" Ste says in a deep voice like he had just woken up. God that voice made me go crazy.

"Good morn" I say to him trying to cheer him up slightly.

"I take it you got the letter as well then" He says and I know what he is on about.

"Yep, we are officially no longer Mr and Mr McQueen" I say to him.

"Bet James can't wait to have you all to himself" He smiles at me which make me melt slightly.

"Yep. I bet Harry feels that same." I say to him knowing Harry is going to love this. Ste now has no connection to me.

"Ye. He is umm planning a party for tonight. Would you and James like to come? It's at ours" Ste asks unenthusiastically. He doesn't seem too happy about the party.

"I will see what we are doing." I say to him before turning and going towards the shops.

Later that day

I walk through the door of the Nightingale house with Sally in tow and see James and my son Matthew playing with his toys. Well, James is mainly watching.

"I'm home" I announce. Matthew comes bounding up to me.

"Daddy" he practically shouts in my face as I hug him tight.

"Right little man, you are going to with nana Sally and have a sleepover for tonight, is that ok." I say to him and he nods. I grab his coat and shoes and they are both soon out the door. Sally has clothes and PJ's for Matthew at hers.

I see James packing Matthews toys away and putting them up in the cupboard where Matthew can't reach. I unpack all the shopping I got. I am just putting the coffee next to the coffee pot when I feel arms snake around my waist and pull me backwards towards a very warm James Nightingale. His lips soon attach to my neck. I know he is only doing this because Matthew is out. It's rare we get time to ourselves anymore.

One of his hands leaves my waist and he stops kissing my neck and just rests his chin on my shoulder. He hands me a little box and I open it. Inside is a beautiful gold ring.

"Marry me" He whispers into my ear. I am shocked. James doesn't do commitment so this is a big step for him and me. I just got my divorce finalised today.

"Yes, I'll marry you" I say gleefully. I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. He breaks the kiss only to put the ring on my finger. I smile at him and he smiles back.

"Are you happy?" He asks me. Probably because my smile faded remembering tonight.

"Yes I am happy. I saw Ste earlier, he has invited us to a divorce party tonight at the Hutchinson house." I say to him hoping he will go.