Chapter 2

Juliet's living room

Tom sat on the long sofa in Juliet's living room. The huge space was filled up elegantly with sofas, coffee tables and expensive looking artifacts. A woman had walked in and offered him and Harrison some drinks. They politely accepted it even though it was a bit early in the day to be drinking. The drink tasted exotic, he licked his lips slightly, the chilled drink offered relief in the hot climate. the weather was hot even with the AC blasting in the room. 

 As he sipped the glorious drink, he thought about what he discussed with his father a few days ago.

A few days ago

"Tom you remember the plan don't you?" his father asked.
"Yes dad , I do. First we propose a partnership with Tom Angelos' mob which his daughter runs because they are the most powerful gang and we come next. Then we learn how the gang runs and gain his daughter's trust. Finally we kill her and her father, taking over their gang. You really are a genius dad." Said Tom grinning at his father with a dead look in his eyes , his smile was almost...psychotic. 

Tom sometimes scared his father when he smiled like that his father was secretly afraid that someday Tom will completely snap. But then this was exactly how he had brought up Tom and he did not regret it the least bit.

 Tom had taken over the gang and started acting like...this after his mother's death.

Back to the present

"I'm sorry about the mess Mr. Holland I just had to deal with that asshole immediately. But I'm sure you enjoyed the little show." Said Juliet he could hear her speak behind him. Tom was extremely curious to glance upon the face of this 23 years old girl who was not afraid to shoot. He had heard a lot about her. She was referred to as 'Lady Angelos ' in the market . She was said to be a ruthless, smart and charming killer with a wicked sense of humor. So far he found the description to be the right fit for her.
He heard her heels click as she walked in front of him and sat down gracefully on the sofa in front of him. He was speechless.

Harrison stared at Tom he looked a little speechless but he hid it quite well. It was very rare actually it had been years since Harrison saw Tom show any emotion other than hate and lust.

Tom looked at Juliet she was....beautiful he didn't think he ever called a girl beautiful in his life ever before he only thought of girls as hot or sexy. But Juliet Angelos was beautiful. Her beauty could be well compared to that of a Greek godess. She had lush black, straight hair flowing below her shoulders. She had beautiful green eyes with a bit of blue in them he noticed. Her eyes looked like pools of refreshing, emerald green pond, when sunlight gently falls over it.
Her eyes danced with amusement and mischief.

"Mr. Holland, I think we both know why you are here but I would love to hear it from you." She said. ' Snap out of it Holland.' Tom said to himself. He regained his regular composure and said 

" Well, Ms. Angelos I'm here to propose a 50-50 partnership."

Juliet Angelos looked at the 25 years old man sitting in front of her. He had creamy brown hair slicked back. He wore a white button down shirt tucked into a pair of grey trousers. The sleeves of his shirt were rolled back showing off his toned forearms and expensive looking watch. She noticed that everything was perfect about him except his slightly chapped yet beautifully pink tinted lips. He unconsciously licked his lips.  She thought he was dashing and also a bit cute. Cute is not a word for a leader of one of the top mafia gangs but she felt he had some cuteness about him.

Tom leaned back after his proposal. Juliet smiled at him and said 

" After I heard that you had made an appointment with me. I confess I thought quite a lot about what you might say and I'm pleased to say that in was having the exact same thoughts. Our gangs are one of the most powerful in the world and merging them will extend our powers. But I have a few conditions and I'm sure you do too Mr. Holland, my secretary Ashley " she said pointing at Ashley who was standing by the entrance of the room next to Harrison "will send my list of conditions to you and I hope you will be willing to make the contract keeping my conditions in mind." She continued " Then we can sign it and seal the deal." 

Tom smiled at her, a cold smile.

"I will have those contracts to you by tomorrow morning Ms. Angelos." Tom said. 

Tom watched as Juliet got up and sat on the coffee table right in front of him. 

"That would be brilliant Mr. Holland and by the way since we are partners now you can call me Juliet. " She said leaning so close to his face that their noses were inches apart. She whispered the last word to him.

 He was surprised by the fact that she smelled like something as innocent as freshly melted chocolate, he expected her to smell like something as seductive as roses. He felt a foreign feeling touch him but he didn't let it show on his face. 

He smiled wider at her and leaned in closer and whispered 

" Then you can call me Tom." He said whispering the last word just as she had done. He saw her eyes dance with mischief. 

He wasn't sure what was going on in that pretty little head of hers. After Tom had leaned in now their faces were so close that if one of them moved even a little their lips would touch.

To be continued...