First date

I honestly loved surprises. Y/C/N knew that. He told me he had the perfect date planned. Excitement bubbled in my chest; I didn't want to mess this up. From the first time I saw him, I knew he was the one. There was something about him that made him different from the others.

I payed attention to the little things. It was the little things that made me fall in love with him.

The anxiety in the pit of his stomach grew as his fist met my front door.

When I opened the door, he stood there looking so handsome. His eyes shone in the moon light.

"You look stunning." He could barely make out the words.

He handed me a single carnation.

"You ready to go?" I set the flower down and grabbed my phone.

"All set."

I was nervous and excited, maybe more than Y/C/N. I wanted him to ask me out for weeks. Too scared to make the first move, I sat back and watched as he grew the courage to ask first.

When we met, it was his welcoming eyes and smile that made my heart beat faster. He was fun and exciting. He was funny and sweet. He had this light in his eyes that made me sink deeper and deeper.

I sat in the passenger seat of his car wondering where we were going, when we passed the city line I knew almost immediately.

"As much as I love surprises, I think I might of spoiled this one already." He took his eyes off the road and glanced over at me with a smile. He didn't seem to mind the fact that I knew already.

"Do you now?" He teased.

I nodded eagerly. "I believe so."

"We're almost there." He kept driving for another five minutes, it wasn't until I saw a big sign and Ferris wheel that I knew I was right.

"Yes! I knew it!" I jumped up and down like a little kid. "I love the carnival."

"Wait, I don't know what to do first." I really did look like a little kid. "There!" I pointed to a section of games. He moved his gaze to the game where you throw the darts at balloons. It had a giant stuffed animal that looked like Garfield.

Y/C/N grabbed my hand and to the game.

"Three darts please." LED lights framed the booth and lit up the balloons. To me the carnival always looked like a big dream. The best dream. It didn't only bring out the kid in me but Y/C/N too.

Y/C/N threw the darts with precision and finally got to pick a prize. When I whispered Garfield in his ear his smile grew wider.

"We'll take the giant Garfield please." I bounced on my feet. Holding me in one hand and Garfield in another he brought me over to the Farris wheel. He knew I loved being high off the ground. Made me feel closer to the stars.

It was no secret that Y/C/N was a hopeless romantic.

The Farris wheel was like a dream date to me. To see the lights and the stars and feel someone I loved so close to me. Almost alone with the sky.

"Have I told I how beautiful you look?" Heat made its way to my cheeks.

"You have but I don't mind hearing it again."

"You look beautiful, Meg."

I bumped his shoulder playfully. "You don't look too bad yourself." I let out a soft giggle that was like music to Y/C/Ns ears.

"Here, you look cold." Y/C/N slipped off his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders.