𝒶𝓊𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈🥀

It was now Friday, and I was very nervous for my audition. I prepared a song to sing and I memorized all of her lines. I really hope I worked hard enough to impress Miss F.

I walked in the theatre before auditions started and I saw Hannah talking to Miss F. So, I quickly hid behind a chair to listen.
Hannah:Come on, Miss F. You've made me the lead every play. Can't I be the lead again for my last one?
Miss F:You've been the lead several times now, and I believe somebody else deserves a chance for once
Hannah:Please? It's my last play
Miss F:It's most people's in theatre as well, Hannah. I'm sorry, but you cannot be the lead this time
Hannah:What?!
I quickly walked out before they saw me. Then Hannah stormed out of the theatre. Maybe I will have a better chance this year. But I'm gonna try my best and hardest. I walked in and I was now the first one there. Miss F saw me
Miss F:Hi, Annie. Ready for auditions?
Annie:Definitely
Miss F:Excellent

A few minutes passed by and we were all sitting in our usual seats. We were all waiting for the auditions to start. Miss F stood in the middle of the stage, and smiled at all of us
Miss F:Welcome to auditions for our spring musical, Sleeping Beauty. I will call you one at a time, and when you are finished, I want you to take a seat.
She called person after person. Some people acted out scenes and others sang. And some did both. Hannah auditioned for the lead, but I know she is not gonna get the role she wanted.
Next was me, and I was nervous. But I couldn't let that affect my audition.
Jayden gave me a quick hug and whispered to me
Jayden:You got this Anns
I smiled at her and walked on stage. Miss F smiled at me.
Miss F:Ready?
I nodded. I looked around the room and all eyes were on me. I had a lump in my throat and I felt very nervous. This is great.
I looked at the back of the room, and I saw Hayden smiling at me. Encouraging me to start. I don't know why, but that did help and I started to sing. And when I stopped, everyone started clapping and cheering for me. It was an incredible feeling.
I sat back down and Jayden smiled at me
Jayden:You were so good, Anns!
Annie:Thanks
Once auditions were over, Miss F stood on the stage again
Miss F:Thank you all for auditioning, and the cast list will be posted in a few minutes. I can't wait to start rehearsals
We all left the theatre and I saw Hayden walk over to Miss F. They were talking about something, but I couldn't tell what because I was drug away to the courtyard with my friends. We all sat together and waited for the cast list.

I sat in the back like I always do for the auditions. It just felt right, I mean I wasn't gonna audition in front of all of these people. Everyone did a great job, then Annie got on stage. She was nervous, and I could tell. So when she looked over at me I smiled and nodded at her. Just so she knows that she will be okay. And when she started to sing, she sounded amazing. I haven't heard her sing in forever. She definitely has gotten better at it.

Once everyone left the theatre, I walked up on the stage to talk with Miss Florence.
Miss F:Hi, Hayden. Ready for your independent audition?
Hayden:I think so
That's right, I'm auditioning for the play, and I don't know how to feel about it. I looked up last night what students get the most credits for in theatre, and it said the students who participate the most get the most credits. So, I thought I may as well step up and audition so that I can maybe earn extra credits and carry on with the plan.
I just sang a song for Miss Florence and she smiled and clapped.
Miss F:Oh, Hayden. That was terrific. You are a natural
Hayden:Thanks
Miss F:Now, I finished the cast list, and I just needed somebody for a role, but now I finally found somebody
Hayden:Me?
Miss F:Yes
She wrote down my name and I followed her outside the theatre. She taped the cast list on the door and walked back in the theatre. Everybody came and scanned the cast list. I found Annie"s name right beside Aurora. And I felt proud of her. I then finally found my name. And it was beside Prince Phillip.
Annie came and found her name, she smiled to herself and told her friends. She then saw where my name was and just looked at me. We locked eyes and I broke it by walking away. I don't want her to question why I auditioned.

I saw that Miss F posted the cast list and my friends and I ran over. Lilia, Anna, and Jayden all found their names next to the three fairies, and they all squealed
Anna:Yes!
Jayden:We got the roles we wanted!
I then found my name which was beside Aurora. I smiled to myself and then looked over and saw Hayden's name next to Prince Phillip. I looked at him and he didn't say anything. When did he audition? He then walked away, so I decided to follow him. He walked out of the school and to his truck parked in the parking lot. He's probably on his way home.
Annie:Hayden?
He turned to face me before he opened the door
Hayden:Yeah?
Annie:When did you audition?
Hayden:After everybody left
Annie:You wanted to play Prince Phillip?
Hayden:No. I just sang a song for Miss Florence and she said she was waiting for a specific spot to be filled and so she gave me the part
Annie:Oh
He got in and closed the door, his window was rolled down
Annie:Hayden-
Hayden:See you on Monday
He starts his truck and pulls away. I head back to meet with my friends.

☁️☁️☁️

//How did you like chapter 5? I guess Annie and Hayden are going to be playing the lead roles. Stay tuned for chapter 6 ~A♡ \\