Chapter Eight

" You're all gonna die."

You sniggered under your breath, the look on Armin's face in reactants to Eren's dark statement amused you.

This isn't the time...This isn't the time...This isn't the time...

You hated your mind sometimes... you took the most serious things as a joke. As of this moment, you, Armin, Eren, and Mikasa were surrounded by the Garrison Regiment.

They pointed cannons in your every direction; blades as well. You and Mikasa stood in front of Armin while he held Eren. Both of you had your blades drew, just in case.

" Did you catch that? He said we're all gonna die. There's not much you can make of that."

A chuckle escaped from your mouth, you lowered your head to the side in hopes to hide your laughter.

" Why's she laughing?! Maybe they're both Titans. Those sons of a bitches wants to eat us. You watch!"

" I laugh when I'm amused, which I just so happen to be at this moment." You spat loud enough for them to hear. " Seriously, do you not see how foolish this whole situation is? Maybe if you took your head outta your asses for a second... you would realize that Er-"

" Enough! One more peep out of you, and I'll give the command to blow you and your little posse to bits!"

" Garrison scum." You mumbled under your breath.

" Hoods, please calm yourself." Mikasa whispered to you.

" Fine fine."

" Cadets Eren Jaeger, Mikasa Ackerman, Armin Arlert, and [M/N] [L/N]! The four of you have jointly committed an act of high treason! Whether or not a swift execution is a result depends on you!" The Garrison leader shouted, continuing to keep his gaze fixated on the four of you.

Really? Seriously?! All Eren did was help them and all they can do is slap us with a death threat?

" Any attempt to move from where you stand now, anything I deem the least bit suspicious, will be met with cannon fire. Do not test me! Answer carefully. Eren Jaeger. What exactly are you? Human or Titan?"

" I'm sorry, Sir!" Eren shouted back. " I don't understand!

He continued to holler at Eren, expressing his fear for everyone's safety if Eren was to continue to live amongst all of you. He debated that eliminating Eren would do you all better than keeping him around because he could be a 'traitor' or a diversion— possibly even an ally to the Armored Titan!

" Do you understand? My conscience will not falter to watch you die!"

You tightened your grip firmly around your blades, your hands shook violently. You just got Eren back and you swore to yourself you wouldn't let him die again, not while you're around, no matter the cost of what happens to you.

Go ahead and try, then I'll finally have a valid reason to obliterate your shitty region. 'Least then I'll die doing something I've always wanted to do...

" ... Mines won't falter to watch you die either. If anything, you'll be doing me a personal favor. And that's a promise, not a threat!" You pointed the tip of your weapon at the crook of the man's neck, he shook at your words.

" Excuse me!" Mikasa interjected. " I wouldn't. Not while I'm standing here. Unless anyone's up to the task, in which case, well, I'm happy to demonstrate my own technique as well. On you, and every last inch of your traitorous flesh."

Great minds think alike.

" Okay. Somebody talk to me now. The hell is all this?" Eren questioned.