You Will Understand

[Jairus]

Watching him from the corner of my eye, I can tell he's scared. By now he's slowly getting use to the room. I made my eyes glow to signal for lights and immediately there were my mother's flames of purple casted around them and then around us.

My father gave Tristan a studying glare, "Let us be on with the newcomer. What is your name, boy?

"........" as expected, he's still scared. I rubbed his back a little to comfort him, but he was jumping at that. Calm down, love.

"Jairus, is he alright?"

"Yes he is. Just a little scared and new to the surroundings, Father."

"Well then, I'll ask again. What is your name, boy?

"It's okay, love. Just tell them your name. They're good people."

"Tr.... Tristan," he whimpered.

"Jairus, what is wrong with him?

"I told you before that he's just scared. That's all." him being scared was only starting to make me feel the same way. This is what's best for him. I knelt beside him to be met with bawling eyes. I tried to wipe them away, but he turn his head from me as if I was some kind of monster. So I grabbed his face as best as I could and whispered in his ear, "Calm down, please. Everything is fine."

And with that he let out sigh of relief. I've admired using that spell on others. Now I'm admiring that he's able to relax a little. He straightened up his seat and wiped his tears away.

"Sorry. Please resume," was his sudden remark that had all of us raising our eyebrows. Stellan, my younger brother, had a smirk that made me growl a bit at him.

"Sorry, Brother. It's just that your mate here has surprised me. I'm starting to think he'll be doing it more."

"With that said," my father snarled at him, "tell us about yourself. Then, tell us about how you and Jairus came to cross paths."

"I'm Tristan Dearborn. I'm eighteen. I recently graduated from high school. I'm just a normal human being. I didn't come to Jairus, he came to me. The first time was in two nightmares when he took me away from my grandmother and accused her of being a witch." I was taken aback at that. I stared at him as if he'd just died or something. I couldn't help it. What I couldn't help more were the shocked faces of my mother and sisters.

"Is this true, Jairus?" my mother chimed in.

"Yes Mother, but I was trying to prot-"

"He came to me again in another dream. However, when my grandmother wasn't around. I was by myself enjoying the morning scenery next to a big tree with red and orange leaves. Everything then died down and turn black when he took me and brought me into a dining room. I tried to run and get back to the tree so I could change the whole thing, but when I got to it nothing changed. And he held me saying how I'll be his, how we'll be kings together, and bathing in blood. I thought he was gonna suck my blood and bathe in it, but my grandmother showed up out of nowhere, chanted something that I believe came from a game I've played, and we both were literally bathing in blood because blood started rising from the ground and drowning us."

"I assure you that I was only trying to help him understand, and protect him from that witch. She couldn't have been his grandmother if she's dead. It had to be someone trying to trick him and kill him!"

"Then, I woke up, and he was in my room. He'd said in my dream that he was in my games, he was in my household in the Sims 3, and that he was in my actual house as the two bright, blue fireflies that I collected in a jar the night before. I tried to wake up my boyfriend and pet dog, but they were both deeply asleep as if they were in a coma, or dead. I tried to get away from Jairus by kicking him out my room and calling the police. I saw their cars parked outside our house and thought that they searched everywhere, but when I opened my door I saw their dead bodies sprawled out on the floor and the walls were covered in their blood. I was gonna cry so my boyfriend could hear me, but I blacked out somehow. When I woke up, I was in a different room, maybe his. He was holding me. I tried getting out of his grip, but he was stronger than me. I cried for my boyfriend, but he shushed me by saying that I'll be forced to watch him kill him and give my dog to wolves. And now, I'm here," he inhaled and sighed, wiping the little sweat from his forehead.