Be Kind

There are no words to what Iwaizumi is witnessing as he sees Oikawa making his tenth attempt at interacting with you. He doesn't actually see it, but he is assuming the setter is spending time with you when he wanders off on his own. It seems like the captain is wandering off more than he usually does which is piquing some interest in the first years while the third years flatly say that their captain does his disappearing acts more often than everyone thinks.

When some of the first years turn to Iwaizumi, the most reliable source, he shrugs commenting that the trashy captain loves female attention and tends to revel in it more than most. As true as it was, he didn't want to share the knowledge that he had on his friend possibly changing for one girl.

A girl that no one would ever suspect him to even catch his eye. Among all the females in this school there are a plethora of choices and that doesn't even count for the ones in different schools that try to fight for his attention. Taking a sip of his drink, he frowns slightly when he remembers the tickets that Oikawa was holding earlier and bragging to him that it will give him some leverage to be around you.

As you sat thoughtfully on the rooftop where you gathered your thoughts and it had happened more often in the past month. You assumed it was because the annoying captain of Seijoh was appearing in front of you more often than usual.

Now as you sit with your back against the wall, deadpan as you stare at the two tickets that the said captain showed you with such boosted confidence. Obviously, he was looking for a response of the cheerful aspect, but he only got, "Why?"

He blinks in shock because he grins, wiggling the tickets in front of you. "I thought we can go on a date! Wouldn't that be fun?"

"Sounds like a nightmare."

"Eh?! Waaah, why are you so mean, chibi-chan?~" His voice going up an octave as he pouts at your disconcerting face. Leaning in closer, he asks, "It would be so fun! Isn't this a museum you always wanted to go to?"

There was a small pause before you replied, "And how do you know that? Are you a stalker? Wow, I didn't think you would upgrade from trash to a stalker. Congratulations." The monotone tone irked Oikawa more than he would like to admit, but he also didn't want to admit that he went to great lengths to figure out what you liked to do.

It was hard enough that you were not popular in school and even harder that you didn't have any friends that he can rely on for information such as this. And when he did do some 'research' on you, your social media accounts didn't have much on there except for a few pictures of scenery and yourself. He lucked out when he noticed that you liked a picture of teamLab Borderless which is a very popular digital museum in Tokyo.

Obtaining tickets were difficult to purchase as he realized that he needed at least two months in advance to buy a slot. There was no way that he wanted to wait for two months and he remembered that a teammate bought tickets a few months ago for his girlfriend, but now that they broken up, he didn't know what to do. So, Toru swooped in and asked for the tickets despite the bitterness of his teammate's voice on the breakup.

When he was asked why he wanted the tickets, he shared a tense smile saying his nephew really wanted to go. There was no way he was going to share that he was taking a girl much less you; there was already enough speculation around him to begin with.

So, seeing your reaction on your reluctance to go with him, he is starting to become bitter as he went through lengths to get them.

"Isn't there a two month wait for those tickets?" Your question brings him back as he nods before happily sharing that he had his own way of getting things done. A slender brow raises on your forehead as you ponder on his response. There is no way for him to get them in a short amount of time if he just discovered that you would enjoy going to a place like that.