PROLOGUE

MARCH THIRD

MARCH THIRD.

It wasn't a holiday. No special events were necessarily held, nor had any exciting worldwide phenomenon ever happened. No crazy inventions were made, no scientific revelation, not even a war in history. It could fall on any given day of the week. The weather could differ every single year. There was nothing significant about the third day of March.

At least to the normal human being.

Frightened cries left the soft lips of a newborn, placed into the arms of her mother. How peculiar is it that while tears of fear and pain streamed down their cheeks, everyone else in the room gleams with joy? A look of devastation painted the infant's face. Pain, agony, fear— they all mixed with the colors of her tears.

Though, the cries failed to reach a halt.

They rang for hours, an unsettling emotion encasing her tiny little heart. While her mother rocked her back and forth, cooing sweet affirmations into her sensitive senses, the minutes old daughter's newly formed eyesight was greeted by an overwhelming darkness.

Terrorized by the shadows that lingered around her, wails and screams filled the room from the barely developed lungs. They went on for what felt like an eternity. Little did she know, the pain would linger for that long too.

March 3rd.

Every March 3rd, three children were born with spiritual gifts- ones that opened their sixth sense.

Han Aeji just so happened to get a rather horrifying one- the gift of seeing demons.

2000.

Perhaps it could be referred to as a year of rebirth.

A new decade, century at that. A fresh start- an opportunity for new beginnings.

Especially for the ruler of the underworld, Lee Taeyong.

Two thousand.

The year that the King of Hell had went on a rampage.

Eagerly, he wished to fulfill a long term project- the human embodiment of the Seven Deadly Sins, or the demon embodiment, one might say.

He stole souls from mother's wombs, leading to excruciating and absolutely scarring miscarriages. Mercilessly, hellish creatures ripped the fetuses out of their embryo, clawing and gnawing at stretching flesh.

2000.

Four souls were taken from it's rightful owners, formed into menacing, dark presences.

Anger.

Lust.

Pride.

Envy.

Brought into his figure with a shadow of green smoke, he came into the world smiling with a near wicked grin- an absolute charm regardless of his evil nature.

If looks could kill, Na Jaemin was a murderer. With a face like his, he could get everything he wanted.

He got everything he wanted.

And if you got in the way of that, consider yourself dead already.