𝐢.𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫

· 。゚☆: *.☽

THE CLOCK WAS NEARING TWELVE and Celeste Euphemia Potter was pacing around her apartment, going crazy with worry. Her five year old son and his aunt - her best friend - were supposed to be back half an hour ago. The three of them had plans to celebrate the beginning of 2004 together but before that, the young mum had allowed Sam to go watch the classic Christmas movie 'Home Alone' with Ophelia and her brother, Draco. But, it was nearly midnight and neither Sam nor Ophelia had come back and Celeste was getting worried.

Celeste was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't hear the crack that Sam Potter and Ophelia Malfoy made when they apparated. She only realised that the two had returned when the little boy sneaked up on her and made a loud 'BOOO' noise, resulting to her letting out a terrified scream.

"Merlin, Sam!" she gasped, her hand over her heart that was beating very fast from the scare that she just had. "Don't scare me like that."

"Sowwy..." he replied with a small pout on his face that made it impossible for anyone to be mad at him for long.

"It's fine, I guess." Celeste told him, succumbing to the power of the pout. "So... would either of you like to explain to me why you're so late."

"IT WAS AUNT FEE'S FAULT" the boy yelled suddenly, his calm aura nowhere to be found

"Yep, totally my fault" Ophelia admitted, trying to copy Sam's pout and failing miserably. Celeste gave her a look. "I might have told him that he could get an ice cream and we spent a good twenty minutes or so trying to find some..."

"Opiii...!" she exclaimed "It's December!! He might get a cold or pneumonia or something!" She said as she went over at her son and started checking if he had a temperature.

"Well... I know that... it's just that... you know how convincing he can be and he was practically begging me! I couldn't have just said no..." she trailed off as she looked at the clock above the tv and saw that they had ten minutes until midnight. "I'm sorry, cel. It won't happen again, I promise." She said with smile. Celeste gave her a smile back, accepting her apology. A comfortable silence fell between them

"WHOS WEADY TO PAWTAY??!!" Sam shouted loudly, making the two women jump from the sudden interruption.

"Hm... that sounds like an excellent idea. What do you think, Opi?"

"I completely agree with you, Cel, we're in need of a party"

"Okay, ladies. Hewe's what we'we gonna do. You'we gonna get your awses off the couch and put on some fancy clothes and then we awe gonna dance to chw- chwi- chwistmas music." The five year old ordered, and the two adults chuckled at his orders, but complied.

It was three minutes until the new year, when the two came out. Ophelia was wearing an oversized blue suit with a pair of doc martens, while Celeste was wearing a white tennis skirt with a red Christmas jumper and red vans. The two women looked around the room and saw that ,surprisingly, in those five minutes, Sam had found a few old 'Happy New Year' banners and had put them up to decorate the place.

John Lennon was singing "Happy Xmas (War is Over)" on the radio and Sam was dancing to it - more like jumping to it.

"Ahoy, ladies. Welcome to New Yeaw with Sam" he stopped dancing and walked towards the two of them. "Would you like any dwinks" he suggested, nodding towards the apple juice that he had taken out of the fridge. Celeste and Ophelia just laughed at him and sat on the couch, but Sam was still waiting on their answer.

"Yes, Sam. I'd like um... some apple juice." Ophelia requested after seeing the look on his face. The young boy hopped towards the kitchen and the two women just chuckled at him. He returned, still hopping, holding two glasses, with one minute to go. Ophelia took her glass and thanked him, before sticking her tongue out at Celeste, because she had something to drink whilst Cel didn't. Suddenly, an alarm started ringing, indicating that they had ten seconds until midnight.

"TEN"

And so this is Christmas

"NINE"

And what have we done

"EIGHT"

Another year over

"SEVEN"

And a new one just begun

"SIX"

And so happy Christmas (war is over)

"FIVE"

We hope you have fun (if you want it)

"FOUR"

The near and the dear ones (war is over)

"THREE"

The old and the young (now)

"TWO"

A very Merry Christmas

"ONE"

(And a Happy New Year) Ooh, oh

"HAPPY NEW YEAR" they all shouted together and that's when the doorbell rang.

(Let's hope it's a good one) It' a good, it's a good one

They all ignored it, and continued wishing happy new year and hugging but the person at the door persisted and kept on ringing the bell. Finally, Celeste went and opened it. And the person at the door? Well, let's just say it wasn't someone that Celeste expected to see again in her life.

Without any fear
And so this is Christmas (war is over)
And what have we done (if you want it)
Another year over (war is over)
And a new one just begun (now)...

........
a/n

hello people,

how r u people?

have any of yall watched black widow?? i watched it yesterday and OH MY GOD IT WAS SOOO FUCKING GOOD!! Yelena is obviously my new favourite and comfort character, cos like she's an icon, she's a legend AND SHE IS THE MOMENT

anyways

um... so this is chapter one of the astrophilia (the old celeste). Sorry that it's not very long. But anyways.

Okay so... is it bad that I kinda ship Cel and Ophelia? Also, the time in this chapter passes by soooo slowly but anyways. Sam is the most adorable child and im pretty sure that if he was alive in real life, he would be the only five year old that i could talk to and not find annoying.

so... who do u think was at the door??

anyways,
stay safe and try to be positive or smth,
c