Chapter 27

A T H E N A

"Once upon a time, a few mistakes ago, I was in your sights you got me alone. You found me"

° ° °

"So, when are you going to college?" he asks.

"When summer's over," I tell him. He frowns. "Oh," he says, and grips my waist. He pulls me closer to him so he can put his face in my neck, and breathes in deeply.

"So, I can't have you all to myself," he murmurs and presses a kiss against my skin. "You can always visit me on campus," I chuckle and rake a hand through his soft hair.

It's then that I downs on me that I don't know what we are. Are we just lovers? Do I actually mean something to him? But what is he to me? I don't know what my feelings are for him, but I do know that they're deep. I think I even—

My thoughts are interrupted by his cellphone ringing, and he rolls over to check his phone. Immediately, I feel cold without his warmth and I grab the sheets to cover myself.

"Amoretto," he says curtly as soon as he picks up the phone.

"Cosa? Ora? Sono... occupato. Può aspettare? Perché no? Certo che no, dannazione," he speaks into the phone, and sits up in bed. I frown, and also sit up. 

He gets out of it and starts walking off to his walk-in closet. After some time, he hangs up and walks out of his closet wearing some briefs and a suit in his hands.

"I need to go to work, there's an emergency and I need to be there," he says and starts putting on his clothes. My frown deepens. 

So, he's leaving? I also get out of bed, and search for my clothes. "What are you doing?" I hear him ask once he knows what I'm doing.

"I suppose I should be leaving too?" I ask and raise my eyebrows. 

"You don't have to," he says suggestively and buttons up his shirt. 

"No, I need to talk with Lucy anyway. You know, about what happened," I say, referring to Chris. Disappointment flashes in his eyes and he presses his lips together.

"Alright," he nods and puts on his jacket. "I want to drop you off but I really need to get to work. I'll call my driver," he says and without waiting for a response he gets out of the room.

In silence, I put on my clothes and go downstairs, to find Vincenzo on the phone again talking to someone.

"Alright, I'll be going now. Yes... okay," he says and hangs up. He turns around and his dark eyes meet mine.

"Athena, I'll be going now, okay? I'll speak to you later," he says and swiftly pecks my lips.

I don't even have the chance to tell him goodbye because he walks out of the front door and slams it shut.

That was fun.

I sigh and grab my belongings before going outside and wait for the driver to arrive.

What the hell did just happen?

A black car stops in front of me and Vincenzo's driver gets out of it and opens the door for me.

"Thank you," I tell him and flash him a smile before getting in the car. I take a seat against the window and look outside. Once the driver is seated behind the steering wheel, I tell him the direction of my house.

Now that my relationship with Chris is over, what does that mean for Vincenzo and me? 

I know I told Chris the truth because he deserved to know and I didn't really love him as my boyfriend, but I feel like I also did that because I wanted something more with Vincenzo without feeling guilty about it.