The next few days

Then next few days were... hectic. Izuku became sick and stayed at his own home for a couple days, being looked after by his mother. The class were worried for him at first, but soon forgot about their concerns after a few short texts assured them he was okay, and coming back on Saturday.

Meanwhile the whole school was buzzing. The news of Katsuki's mark spread around the school like wild fire.

It was rare, you see, for such a young boy who only just received their mark to have one so large and detailed. In comparison, the average mark may have been about the size of a quarter and very simple with perhaps a vague pattern or design. The overwhelming size and detail in his soulmate mark indicated 2 things: one being the physical closeness.

Soulmate marks can act kind of like a tracker; the closer you are to your other half, the larger it gets. Usually soulmates are far apart, it being common practice to leave home and 'follow the mark' to your partner.

Number two being that Katsuki already had a relationship with this person, and judging by the detail currently on his arm he had a close one. Details; like shapes, colour, shading and patterns; only presented themselves once you met your mate; and the closer and more developed your relationship became, the more details appeared. It was a nifty trick to help find your partner, the state of your mark indicating if you knew them or not.

But there were also drawbacks to such things; one mainly being privacy. If your soulmate mark was on a place you couldn't hide, you essentially had a sign on you describing the state of your current relationship. Another fault in the marks is how painfully truthful they were - you could not lie on your mark. If a soulmate couple were hitting a rough patch in their relationship, or one partner cheated on another, the mark would show it. Details could be lost, size diminished.

So when news hit the rumour-mill that Katsuki Bakugo, the new up and coming sports festival winner, had such a large and impressive mark; people became... well they went nuts.

Being as it is, the mark indicated that the two halves were already very close, both physically and emotionally; but no one knew who it could have been. Of corse you got those few crazy chicks here and there claiming they were his mate, presenting crudely drawn dragons on their wrists, but it was so painfully obvious they were full of bs it almost physically hurt watching them stumble through confession after confession.

Katsuki himself hated all the attention he was getting due to his rare circumstances. His own class knew that they shouldn't bother him about it, acting like everything was normal, but the rest of the school apparently didn't get the memo.

"I just fucking hate this!!" He finally snapped after rejecting the 3 girl that day. She didn't even get the right wrist!

"I know what you mean; who would have thought getting your soulmate mark would have been so much hassle?" Sero replied, arms wrapped around the back of his head as the group walked to training area Beta.

"Yeah! But then again this is kinda your fault Bakugo," Mina grinned evilly at the explosive teen walking to her left.

"Huh?! HOW THE FUCK IS ANY OF THIS MY FAULT!!?" Just the reaction she wanted.

"'Cause your the one who looks like a chiseled god. People may think your an asshole but your looks certainly make up for it!" The cheeky smile flashed towards him, and the anger in his eyes drained away.

"Heh, well it's still not my fault then - I was designed like this. And that better not be your attempt at flirting." He deadpanned towards the group; causing an eruption of laughter throughout it. Mina almost couldn't stand; holding her gut and wiping away a tear she vibrated with silent laughter.

"Nah dude, you ain't my type! I go for the more feminine variety." The groups' laughter slowly died away as they all stopped and looked at Mina, who was currently fiddling with the hem of her collar, eyes darting to the floor.

"So... your a lesbian?" Denki never put things delicately; the group cringing at his bluntness but leaning in closer to hear her response.

"Would - would you mind if I was?" Was her quite reply.

Silence. And then :

"No way! We'd love you whatever!!" Kirishima piped, pulling Mina into a tight hug. The shocked expression adorning her face soon melted into relief and joy, vision becoming blurry. But still she could see the expressions on her other friends faces over the red head's shoulder - smiles and grins. No one seemed at all displeased with the news. Suddenly Kirishima spoke up as well.

"Umm, seeing as Mina came out, and I was gunna say something soon, seems like as good a time as any: I'm like super gay. I hope this doesn't change anything between us," it was now his turn to look nervous.

"Yeah we guessed dude, don't worry no one cares. Love who you love; makes no difference to me or anyone here." This surprisingly came from Bakugo a serious face masking the relief and joy he hid inside. Smiles became wide grins, everyone continuing their way to their class.

The day continued; it finally coming to an end. The class were tired, it was Friday night and they all just wanted to relax. Deku said he was coming back tomorrow anyway, so they all had something to look forward to. Midoriya may not have been on close terms with absolutely everyone in the class; but his presence was always appreciated and his antics were always enjoyable. They missed the little ball of energy.

Three people in particular missed it most, all for their own reasons but essentially having the same thoughts running through their minds.

I hope Deku comes back soon, he always makes me feel better when he's around.

Midoriya should be back soon; that would be a relief. I miss eating soba while listening to him.

Shitty Deku comes back tomorrow. Wonder what he thinks of my mark.

I wonder what he thinks of me...

~~~~~~~~

Please don't forget to vote! Only if you want to.

Also, try guess who was thinking what, I want to know if you can get it!