Chapter 15. Living at Spinner's End and Diagon Alley ☾

A/N Only plot mine please vote

Professor Snape side-along Apparated Harry to Spinner's End. When they arrived, Harry could hear Professor Snape mumbling under his breath.

"Of all the idiotic, stupid, Gryffindor things he could have done, he chose to save the great Harry Potter." The Professor ranted. Harry just sighed.

"I'm not that great." Harry whispered to himself. He was so busy taking in the sights, he did not notice that the Professor had heard him and stopped in his tracks. He quickly caught himself and began walking to catch up to the young boy who continued toward his house.

"While you are here, there will be a few rules you must follow." Professor Snape started. "First, you will keep your room clean here. Second, breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served promptly at 8, 12, and 5, respectively. If you do not arrive on time you will not eat. Third, I will be in my potions lab all day. You will not disturb me unless your life is in mortal peril." Harry nodded in agreement with those terms. Professor Snape showed him to the guest bedroom and Harry placed his trunk, Hedgwig's cage, and his broom next to the bed.

"Thank you, Professor." Harry replied gratefully. He paused for a moment and turned to his professor. "Professor Snape, is this the house you grew up in?"

"Why do you ask, Mister Potter?" Professor Snape replied. Harry shrugged.

"Well, I was just thinking, if this was the place you grew up in, then my mum's childhood home would not be too far away. I thought maybe I could go see it sometime." Harry put forward. Professor Snape stood in the doorway, looking pensively at the boy.

"Perhaps." Professor Snape finally agreed. Harry smiled. Professor Snape then resized his trunk and turned to leave.

Professor Snape walked out of the room and down into his potions lab. Harry took out his prized photo album and continued looking at the pictures. He stopped at one of Sirius, James, and Remus.

"Soon, Sirius. Soon." Harry promised.

The next weeks went by uneventfully. Professor Snape did not have any real reason to complain, as Harry did exactly what he was told. His room was impeccably clean, he always arrived to meals on time, and he always remained very quiet. Of course, the Professor never thought that these could be manifestations of abuse showing through, so of course he had no reasons to believe that Harry might have been abused.

The time came for Harry to go to Diagon Alley to get his school books and supplies. Professor Snape adamantly refused to let Harry go alone, and Harry could not tell if he was grateful or exasperated. Why in the world would Professor Snape want to go shopping with me? Harry wondered as they Apparated to the Leaky Cauldron.

They first went to Gringrotts. Harry grabbed a huge pile of money. He noted that someone should have told him that this was just his trust fund vault. Had no one really thought to tell him that his father-as Lord Potter-had at least two more vaults in his name waiting for when Harry became of age? He was glad that he had been informed thusly last time when he turned 17.

He came back out and met with Professor Snape. The Professor then took the boy to the Apothecary, where they spent time getting what Harry needed for potions. Harry was slightly bemused by the fact that he noticed Professor Snape slipping things into his cart, as well.

"Why would I need that, Professor?" Harry asked cautiously.

"It may or may not be the secret ingredient in one of your potions that will help you get a better grade." Professor Snape hinted. Harry had to smirk. Truth be told, he could enjoy potions this time around, without someone breathing down his neck. He even managed to keep an O in potions all last year.