the letters

Ginny took a deep breath and Harry looked nervous - he was shaking. Ginny laughed at his nervousness, but she didn't let anyone know she felt the same way. She slowly picked up the letter as Harry did and gently unwrapped the wax stamp to keep it closed.

Dear Ginevra,
Me and your father decided not to give you a howler, as that would give the prophet a reason to write a front page on you, calling you Harry Potter's not-so-secret lover! Once again.

Yes, Ginny, I read the paper. Surely you know this bit of information.

Have you no idea how surprised your father and I were when we got the paper? Have you no common sense that when you get surrounded by the press you don't snog right in front of them? You are involved with Harry?! Harry Potter!

Who you know very well, and well enough to know that he is famous. You should know the press will corner you two, especially with this Chosen One nonsense.

You at least should've TOLD me first! I am your mum! I have been waiting for you two to come to your senses for ages and get together! Fred and George thought it was rather funny at first, but Bill and Charlie have both written home to say that they will have a talk with Harry! Charlie is even coming home for the summer!

And even Fred and George are a bit angry! Now they want Harry and Ron's head for not telling them! Your father is also fuming, mostly about how you should have told us. When you get home for the holidays, you are telling us all everything! I won't say I'm more disappointed than happy, but I cannot say the same for your father.

Sincerely,
Mum

Ginny looked over to Harry, who looked quite worried and then to Ron, who smirked with a pleased look. So it had been him. Prat.

"Ron! Stop with that ugly smirk on your face and finish eating your fourth plate of pie." Ginny snapped, and Harry covered his mouth, grinning.

Ron flushed and went back to eating as Hermione choked back a laugh and spit out her orange juice.

Harry got the same one, but also a threatening from Mr. Weasley saying that if he ever hurt Ginny in any way shape or form, would hex him so badly that his erm—private male parts would permanently stick to his scar on his forehead.

Harry looked weary but also laughed and said, "Not planning on it, and I'm sure if I hurt you I would deal with you and not your brothers." He passed the letter to Ginny, who laughed. Ginny puffed with pride at this and Hermione as well, with acceptance, her teachings of feminism and respecting women were rubbing off on Harry. And to be fair, they were, it was a lot more than Ron.

"Well, you lot," Harry said suddenly, blushing. Ginny looked at him suspiciously, trying to check what Harry was holding, and Hermione leaned over the table to check what the letter he was holding contained.

Harry snatched it away quickly, his ears pink, but a small smirk pulling at his lips. "Fred and George are a little too accepting, if you will - as they have given me certain Wizarding Intimacy Protection."

Ginny choked on her pastry, going pink around the ears. Hermione burst out laughing when she looked at the distraught and horrified look on Ron's face, covering her face with her hands.

Harry and Ginny both sighed, both of them knowing exactly what was about to go down.

"You lot better not have—you can't!" Ron spluttered, his face tinted with embarrassment. "You've only been dating a few weeks!"

"What about it?" Hermione challenged, her face irritated. "They can do whatever they want, even if it's been four days!" Harry and Ginny both flushed.

"Well," Ron said, crossing his arms defensively. "I just don't want people thinking that my sister is a slag—and I don't want her to act on the rumors like that."

Ginny's spit out her drink, and Harry held her down by the elbows, still struggling to contain her anger. His face was angry as well, but holding Ginny from killing Ron was his main focus at the moment.

Hermione snapped. "A what?" She spat, standing up. "Ron, that is one of the most misogynistic terms ever and you just used it on your sister. I thought I've taught you better than this!"

"I—well, I just think that—

"I don't want to hear it, Weasley." Hermione huffed, snatching up her book bag. Ron looked after her as she stomped away, and held out his arm.

"Hermione! Wait!" He stumbled up and scrambled after her, dropping two of his books in the process.

"We won't hear from Ron for a while, I guess," Harry sighed, "A shame too, I need to copy his Charms essay."

Ginny sighed, leaning into his shoulder. She felt sick, and Harry took her hand, squeezing it gently.

**********

Ginny and Harry were both studying by the fire—yes, actually studying—when Ron and Hermione trudged up awkwardly, Ron looking rather like an ashamed child who just got scolded by his mother.

"Ronald would like to say something." Hermione said in a clipped down. "Harry, I'll help you with the charms essay, let's go." She said pointedly at the two awkward siblings, who weren't looking at each other, rather determinedly at the floor.

Harry let Hermione drag him off to the couch in the corner with Neville and Seamus, who were all also waiting for help on the difficult Charms essay.

Ginny only glared at Ron. "If Fred was here, he'd kick your arse."

Ron blushed. "I know, he would. He's like that." Ginny only sniffed, glaring at the fire now.

"I wanted to say... I'm sorry."

Ginny looked at her brother in shock. He rarely apologized, and even more rare when not forced to by his mother. "Well," Ginny sighed, turning to face Ron. "I know that was hard for you to do, so, it's okay."

Ron sighed in relief.

"But," Ginny held up her hand, "If you ever call me that again, I will hit you over the head with Harry's broom."

Ron grinned. "So we're good?"

"Good."