Chapter Nine "Can you survive a horror movie?"

“Darn, my phone went dead! I can’t call Bryan,” Ely panted. “Hey Vince, do you have your phone?” she asked.

Vince searched for his phone in his pocket and gave it to Ely. His eyes were still fixed on the road.

“Oh, darn!” she exclaimed again. “You don’t have Bryan’s number.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I’m just a transferee, and I’m not acquainted to everyone yet,” Vince apologized, glancing every now and then at Ely.

“A little faster, Vince,” she reminded him.

“I’m trying, I’m trying,” Vince said, a little tensed.

Bryan was still holding the baseball bat. He was standing at the center of the room. He was observing his surroundings.

 It was dark and he knew there was no one with him at the building.

 His phone rang again.

He got all of his courage and picked up his phone.

“Hello?” he said.

“Hi Bryan, what’s your favorite scary movie?” the man asked teasingly.

“SCREAM…” he answered. “It’s that all you’ve got? Don’t you have any originality?”

“Don’t rush, this is great scene. You are so lucky, you still managed to reach the climax!” he let out an evil laugh. “Why don’t you call a police, Bryan? You’re sounding a little scared.”

“Rule Number 15: Never call a police, they always arrive late,” Bryan laughed. “Do you think I’m going to fall for that one? I wrote that whole script you arsehole!”

“You’re quite smart Bryan. But Rule Number 16 said: Never outsmart the killer. Because if you do, you’ll be dead soon,” the man mocked. “And don’t try hard to be the star, whatever you do you will never be the main character on this movie!” he gave a menacing laugh.

“Watch me! You twick!” then he ended the call and turned his phone off.

There were knocks at his door. He gripped the bat tightly. Slowly, he moved towards the door.

“Bryan! It’s me, Ely!” a feminine voice yelled from the other side of the door.

He sighed then opened the door to let the two come in.

“So, how was it?” Ely asked.

“I’m the next target. We are about to reach the end of the script. I mean in the book, when I died the killer will reveal himself. Then, it’s up to you to kick his ass and kill the son of a gun!” he explained.

“But, there’s something you should know.” Bryan warned.  “Horror Movie has rules, rules that one must abide in order to successfully survive.”

“Wait, I heard that dialogue,” Vince interrupted.

“Yeah, it’s from Randy at the film Scream. Anyway… um… yeah, let’s skip that one. Well, you must remember always, always, to double tap the killer.”

“Double tap?” Ely repeated the last words with confusion.

“It means when it looks as if you have killed it, in most case it’s still not dead. Never drop your weapon so soon.”

The two just nodded at him.

“And yeah, here’s the most important thing you should know. In the script that I wrote, the final girl… um… the final girl got killed at the end,” he almost whispered wearingly.