Before You Go

Inspired by the song Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi

TW: Suicide

I fell by the wayside like everyone else

This couldn't be happening. Techno stared at his computer screen which help Wilbur's message. It had to be fake. He was always so happy, never a sad moment.
Another message from Wilbur came in.
'This is real Techno'
'I wouldn't joke about this'
He couldn't move, couldn't speak, he felt like his lungs were collapsing. Techno had just talked to him yesterday, he couldn't be gone... Could he?

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, but I was just kidding myself

All the times I'd pushed him away, more focused on my own agendas then making sure that he was okay. I didn't even notice that he had changed, not until I thought about it now. After it was too late. I'd always joked about not liking him, not wanting to be his friend, now I wonder if he took those seriously.

Our every moment, I start to replace

I would hang out with P1lza or Wilbur instead of him, I would leave him out. I would block him on twitter, not just on twitter though, out of my life. How did I let this happen. He was my best friend.

'Cause now that there gone, all I hear are the words that I needed to say

Yesterday. I was on a call with him, Wilbur, and P1lza. How did I not notice he was hardly talking, or that his lighthearted happy laugh wasn't filling the call, where had his happiness gone? What if I had said something? Just simply asked if he was doing okay? Would he still be here?

When you hurt under the surface

Techno sat at his desk still numb to the world. He couldn't process what had happened. He felt like if he was to message him right now, he would reply his usual cheery self.
"Dave?" one of Techno's sisters was knocking on his door, "You haven't come out of your room all day, you should get something to eat."
When she got no answer she just sighed and walked away, oblivious to the pian her brother was feeling.
He was gone. Gone.

Well, time can heal, but this won't

It was too late for Techno to do anything. To hear his friend's laugh again, to see his smile while he streamed. Watching it brighten up the room. He would never cut into a conversation to make sure his opinion was heard again. He was gone, and he wasn't going to come back. Techno wasn't going to get another discord notification, or pestering tweet. No one would.

So, before you go

Techno opened up discord. Maybe this was just all a sick prank of Wilbur's, maybe he was fine, waiting to annoy techno again. Techno opened up his conversation with him.
'Tommy?'
Techno sent the message, then he waited. One minute, five minutes, ten minutes, thirty minutes. Tommy would have responded by now, ranting about how the great Technoblade had messaged him. He was truly gone.

Was there something I could have said to make your heart beat better?

What if he had said something nice to Tommy for once. What if he had observed his friend instead of forgetting about him. Was there something, anything he could have done to prevent this? Yes. This was all his fault.

If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather

Techno had curled up in his bed and not moved for hours. He didn't know what to do. If he had known Tommy was feeling like this he would have done anything to save his friend.
"Dave? Are you even in there?" His sister's voice was once again at the door, concerned now. She sighed, "I'm coming in."