"the sorting hat is never wrong, miss."

little first years. so cute, right? the other students watched as they all walked into the great hall, looking around at everyone, fear, excitement, and every other emotion that you could think of was plastered on every single one of their faces.
little draco malfoy, son of lucius malfoy, led the way. he followed close behind mcgonagall, knowing exactly where he'd be in about 10 minutes.
little charlotte loosely followed the crowd, slightly distracted by all of the excitement, and having to catch up every few seconds.
once all of the students were paying their attention to dumbledore, he explained the sorting hat, and then called out the first student to be sorted.
"charlotte donovan." he called, gazing down at the sea of children. a little girl, dark hair, about to the middle of her back, emerged from the crowd, visibly nervous.
"come on, miss. nothing to be afraid of." mcgonagall comforted, motioning for her to come sit.
she watched everyone else in the crowd. they were looking at her...
she sat under the sorting hat, and waited.
"hmm, yes. okay. ahh!" it finally spoke, "slytherin!" she looked up in disbelief, this couldn't be right.
"uh- w-what?" she spoke for the first time since bidding her farewell to her family about 2 hours ago.
"what's wrong, dear?" mcgonagall questions.
"that- can't be right. there's no way i'm a slytherin..." she says.
murmurs emerge from the crowd, causing her to look at them...
"the sorting hat is never wrong, miss. now, please. go take a seat in your section." mcgonagall spoke softly, calling up the second student to be sorted.
charlotte reluctantly went to sit with the slytherin's, waiting for this whole thing to be over.
she just kept thinking to herself, how she ended up a slytherin... she was meant to by a gryffindor. her father is. her mother is. all of her grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters. i mean, there was the occasional hufflepuff, but that's besides the point. she wasn't a slytherin, it just didn't feel right.
"draco malfoy." mcgonagall spoke, as 'oohs' and 'aaahs' emerged from the crowd.
she watched the blonde-haired little boy, smirk plastered across his face, sit down.
"slytherin!" the sorting hat wasn't even on his head yet.
the slytherins hooted and hollered while the little boy walked his way over to them.
whilst everyone else was being sorted, charlotte still couldn't get over the fact that she wasn't a gryffindor. what would her parents think? their little girl... is a... slytherin.
"hey?" spoke a familiar, yet odd voice. "hello?" it spoke again. charlotte looked around, only to see the same blonde haired boy from before, smirking at her.
"what do you want?" she sassed.
"just trying to make some friends, jeez. what's
got you all mad?" he spoke, annoyed.
"it's nothing... i just don't really feel like a slytherin." she explained.
he didn't care. he was really just trying to annoy her, "yeah, that's sucks. anyways, i'm draco." he was quick to change the subject.
she looked at his hand, stretched out, inviting her to shake it. "uh- i-i'm charlotte." she took his hand, and shaked it.
once the sorting ceremony was over, the first years were led to their dorms, and explained the rules of the common rooms, clubs, sports, etc...
draco was in a huddle with a few others, murmuring, and whispering to each other, when charlotte stood alone without anyone to talk to.
"hey, i'm amber." a girl, about the same height as charlotte, walked up to her.
"uh hi..." charlotte stooped for a second, looking at the little girl.
"okay, everyone!! pleas make your way down to the dining hall. it's time for dinner!" one of the sixth years said, standing on a table to get everyone's attention.