Chapter 2: Diagon Alley

I gaped in amazement and slowly walked forward. "Well, we better get your money from Gringotts first Ms. Raven," said Professor Dumbledore as he started walking toward a white marble building. We walked up a set of white stairs and through a pair of bronze doors with goblins by the sides. When we entered the building, we found ourselves before a set of silver doors. There were words engraved on the doors and I whispered them softly under my breath as we walked past the doors.

Enter, stranger, but take heed 

Of what awaits the sin of greed 

For those who take, but do not earn,

Must pay most dearly in their turn. 

So if you seek beneath our floors

A treasure that was never yours, 

Thief, you have been warned, beware

Of finding more than treasure there.

When we walked past the silver doors, my mouth dropped open in surprise. There was a big marble hall with long counters and doors leading off to who knows where. There were actual goblins sitting at the counters weighing things, scribbling things down, etc. My eyes were big as I tried to see everything at once while we walked toward a counter. 

"We wish to enter the Hogwarts vault," stated Professor Dumbledore standing before a goblin.

"Very well, do you have the key?" asked the goblin.

"Yes," said Professor Dumbledore producing a key.

The goblin took it and observed it carefully. "This seems to be in order, Riverick! Take these two to the Hogwarts vault," ordered the goblin as he handed Riverick the key. Riverick grunted and started leading us into one of the passageways. 

When we arrived at the Hogwarts vault, Riverick stroked a finger on the metal door and a keyhole appeared. He inserted the key and turned it. The metal door swung open, revealing mounds of gold. Professor Dumbledore walked into the vault, scooped up some money into a bag, and handed it to me.

"Here, this is your money," said Professor Dumbledore. 

"But, this is Hogwart's money!" I cried.

"Think of it as what Muggles call a scholarship," said Professor Dumbledore smiling slightly.

"Ok then," I said, hesitantly taking the money.

When we got out of Gringotts, Professor Dumbledore gave me the supply list. "Would you like me to accompany you as you get your supplies?"

"No thank you," I said politely.

"Very well, I will give you two hours to buy your supplies. We will meet right in front of Gringotts when the 2 hours are up." said Professor Dumbledore as he waved his wand. A piece of paper appeared with the words  2 hours left  on it. 

 "This will tell you how much time you have left for shopping. Stay in Diagon Alley, don't go anywhere else," said Professor Dumbledore sternly.

"Yes sir," I answered as I set off the buy my supplies. I looked at the list:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT  and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

 Three sets of plain work robes (black)