3: I Asked About You

^^^Mia POV^^^

Me and Cory were in the library trying to finish up our twelve page paper that's due tomorrow. Well all I had to do was edit my paper. Cory only had four pages done.

"Ewe what the fuck is wrong with his teeth?" Cory yelled while scrolling through Instagram on his phone.

"Cory stop talking about people teeth and write your paper."

"OK but dang sis look at these damn teeth" he said putting his phone all in my face.

"I see it boy it look just like yours" I said laughing.

"Oh no baby my teeth would never ever look like that. You got me fucked up."

"Shut your dramatic ass up and do your work."

He rolled his eyes and got to typing. I finish editing my paper and printed it out. I packed my stuff up and took out my wireless headphones and my phone. I listen to my music while scrolling through Instagram waiting on Cory.

I looked up when Cory nudge me. I took out my headphone and looked at him. He kept nodding his big  head to the door. I looked up to see Keon and his friend Shawn walk in. I looked at Cory confused.

"Girl go say something."

"What? Why would I go say something?"

"Get his number. Hook up with him, date him, fuck him, get money from him." I bust out laughing at his crazy self.

"Boy oh no. That was just a one time drunk thing. Me and him will never happen again."

"Mmmmm hmmmm" he went back to typing and I went back to listening to my music and texting Elijah.

Cory finally finish his paper and started packing up. I went to go look for a book for one of my classes.

I walked to the back going pass Keon and Shawn. I search the shelves. I finally found my book and checked out and grab my things and left with Cory.

"So why didn't you speak to them" Cory said as soon as we left out the library.

"What am I supposed to say? We not friends, we don't talk, we're not having sex we just had sex one time."

"Girl what I say about having sex. It's fuckiiiinnnngggg." We both bust out laughing.

"Shut up it's all the same."

"Shut your white ass up and unlock your door it's cold as fuck."

"I'm half white" I said unlocking the door and getting in the car.

"You got black blood in you but baby you white."

"Whatever"

"Do you go to work today?"

"Yeah"

"OK I'm riding with you."

"I'm going right now tho."

"Ugh your early ass. I guess I go right now."

"OK you got your uniform."

"Yes ma'am"

Me and Cory both work at Footlocker in the mall. We usually don't get the same shift cause somebody, as in Cory, always got to get us in trouble. And I work more days than he do.

Today was going to be a good day. I know Cory is going to give me a laugh. No new shoes came out recently,and it's Monday, the slowest day of the week. A slow smooth day.

We pulled up and got our stuff and went inside. Cory fat ass went straight to the food court and I went to the bathroom and change into my uniform.

As soon as I walk in the morning shift was all up in my face begging me to relieved them. Got mad when I told them no. They know I'm not clocking in early for them. They never clean up after their shift but always so ready to leave. I can't stand morning shift.