chapter 9 - mesmorized

thank you guys so much for 100+ votes on this story that's insane ❤️ love you guys so so much, hope you enjoy this

SOTC: Sweet Emotion - The Kooks

This girl was gorgeous. Even with the disapproving look on her face, she was stunning.

"Who's this?" 'Hana' spoke up, staring deeply into my eyes. If looks could kill, I'd probably be close to a slow, painful death.

"This is my girlfriend, Hadley," Chandler answered. That sounded so weird; but I liked it.

Hana nodded, tapping her heel against the hardwood floor. "Well, I bet you're wondering why I'm here."

Chandler and I nodded simultaneously and she giggled, twirling a thin piece of her hair.

"I tried out for a new girl role on The Walking Dead," she squealed. "They invited me to attend this event, so I'm pretty sure that I got it. But I won't be notifed until Monday."

I looked around uncomfortably, my eyes meeting Chandler's. He had disagreeable eyes, obviously hinting annoyance.

"I guess I'll see you on set, Chandler. It'll be great to catch up. Considering it seems as if a lot has changed," she said, taking a sneaky side glance at me. She wandered off, the sound of her heels clanking following behind her.

"She's..really pretty," I gushed, my self esteem lowering just thinking about Hana and her thin body fitting perfectly into that sequined white mini dress.

"Yeah, I guess," he replied. "But you're-"

"Shh," I said, leaning my head back tiredly. I did not need Chandler to feed me lies now; I just ate. "So, is she your ex-girlfriend or something?"

Chandler's sapphire eyes nearly popped out of the sockets. He coughed, looking at me like I said something unreasonable "No. No. I just worked with her once," he explained. "Why?"

I looked down to see our hands still intertwined loosely, my grip slipping but Chandlers' was locked thoroughly. I glanced at one of my bangles to try to distract myself from the butterflies in the pit of my stomach, gulping slowly. "No reason."

I shook my hand, acting like a child as I got mesmorized by the sound of the bangles wiggling together. The noise inundated my ears as I stared at the gold metal shaking rapidly.

"...help?" Chandler glanced at me, fiddling with his tie which was now completely undone. I blinked and regained normalcy.

"Come here," I guided Chandler, standing up, not letting my hand detach from his.

He stood up and followed me as I began walking. I led him into a unisex bathroom, following the hallway to the sinks. I realized that it was surprisingly empty as Chandler leaned up against the row of automatic sinks. He kept fidgeting with the wrinkled tie due to his inexperience.

"Stop," I giggled before grasping the tie and crossing the sides. I decided to ignore the fact that he didn't know how to accurately tie a tie and figured his knowledge may have extended further. "Windsor?" I questioned, referring to one of the many ways to tie the tie.

"What?"

I laughed again, fighting the smile creeping upon my lips. "Nevermind."

Chandler watched me tentatively, a smile now playing on his lips. This went on for a few more seconds, and I tried to ignore his eyes traveling every square inch of my face.

"Can.. you.. stop.. staring?" I formed the sentence while focusing intensely on the knot I was in the process of tying.

"What else am I supposed to look at? Hm?" he joked, his fresh, minty breath hitting me straight in the face.

"The tie."

"But you're beautiful."

I blushed, looking away as I tried to ignore his sweet comment. My mind seemed to dwell on the comment and how it made me feel, because I couldn't get the picture of him saying that I was beautiful out of my mind. "Done." I said shyly, backing up to inspect the wonderfully knotted tie.

"When your girlfriend can tie a tie better than you," Chandler avowed, chuckling.

I was surprised that he hadn't used a word similar to 'fake' in front of the term. I wasn't complaining and I preferred it honestly, but decided to mask my timidness with acting condescending. "Girlfriend?" I jeered, with a wry smile on my lips.

"Yeah," he quavered, a change of tone from his usual confident and firm voice. He rose his face to reveal the great red blush filling his skin.

I giggled, poking Chandler lightly against the counter. "Oh." I decided not to embarrass him but advance his 'suggestion' furthermore as I tapped against the peeling paint on the walls. "So, I guess you're my boyfriend now," I started but of course, I let my flimsy faith take control and I made things awkward. "Unless you know, you don't want to be. I mean you know they're just LABELS that don't even mean anything. We could just be two totally platonic indivuals with a great bond! It's society-"

Then, it happened. You know, the best way to shut a girl up. The kiss. Chandler lifted his body up from his leaning position on the counter, taking his large hand and placing it on the crook of my neck. At this point, I knew what was going to happen and I was finally going to get the Chandler affection I craved for again. His lips parted at the perfect distance before they were placed on my mine. It was soft and gentle but also urgent and passionate. Our lips moved in a fiery and consistent rhythm as I tried to get as much of him as I could. My hands rested on the sides of his torso lazily which was all I could manage with my arms as I was caught up in the kiss. Chandler's tongue swiped against my lips as if asking for access and I would have granted.

Next thing we both know, the stall door opens and a pair of a fading green eyes looked at us with our lips attached in disgust. I slowly disconnected my body from Chandler's, looking at the elderly lady uncomfortably. The lady looked like she was in her sixties (at least) and her saggy jaw hung open in shock. I don't know if she was taking a long ass shit in that stall or she was just listening to our conversation, but it was unpleasant for all of us.

"Oh, um, sorry," Chandler apologized, feeling around for my hand with his own, and joining our hands together in an act of embarrassment.

The lady just nodded her head in disapproval before she used her cane to swat Chandler on his arm.

"Ow! Fuck," he swore, making it nearly impossible for me to hold in a giggle.

"No swearing!" The old woman screeched as she repeatedly hit him with her cane. I bursted out with a fit of giggles, that was until the lady started to hit me also. Her cane constantly switched between hitting Chandler and I and the funny part is that we weren't in pain. We were laughing in sync.

"Ya dumbass kids," she muttered before using the same cane she assaulted us with to assist her in exiting the enclosed space.

Chandler and I looked at eachother with troublesome smiles on our lips. We tried to hold it in but our laughter ended up filling the air of the bathroom. The laughter was getting so advanced that tears were leaving my eyes. Oh, how the old have no idea what goes on these days. Like celebrities paying people to act like their fake lover..