Bloodlines

No one knows how old the Kenma family is, several centuries at least. Unless you're a Kenma, it's only known that two brothers got into a fight that there was no coming back from. Men. I know. But that's what formed today's Tokyo and Akago mafia.

If you ask me, a centuries old rivalry is a bit of a petty reason to still be enemies, but what do I know? I just work here.

"Hey. Boss wants to see us." Hat said as she brushed past me, her blonde curls bouncing as she walked.

"Yeah in a second." I replied.

"Now." Ami exclaimed as she brushed past my other shoulder, already rounding the corner.

I abandoned what I was doing to catch up with the other two. The job must be big if the boss needs all
three of us.

Not to suck my own dick or anything but we're probably the best the boss has got. There are close seconds but I'm certain we take the number one spot. A trio of elite assassins who are also the baddest bitches and you're going to say we aren't the best? Okay...

Ami knocked on the large double doors. It almost looked like it lead to the Great Hall in Hogwarts.

We stood waiting to be let through when the doors finally shifted. The boss was sitting is his throne at the other end of the room.

The room was huge; with a high ceiling and large windows.

We walked to the other side of the room, coming to a halt a few meters in front of the boss.

"I have a job for you three." The boss pointed at us, using his knife.

"Happy to oblige!" I joked. The boss peered is eyes are me. This must be serious. I cleared my throat, "Sorry."

"What do you need from us?" Ami questioned.

"It's Tokyo." The boss replied. We all stiffened. Boss never liked to talk about Tokyo unless necessary. "They're gaining the favour of more smaller gangs and consequently gaining more territory. I hate to admit it but if they continue, at the rate they're going they'll have enough territory to over power us soon."

I gulped. 'Over power us'? Surely he's exaggerating, right?

"So, we're going to put a stop to it." The boss finished.

"Who do we need to kill?" Hat smirked.

The boss chuckled, "You're getting ahead of yourself dear." He inhaled, "There's a gala; Saturday night, being held by some very powerful people, of course I'm invited but so is he..."

"So, what are we going to do about it?" Ami asked.