Chapter 1- Two Young Elfs

Third Person Point of View

An eleven year old boy with shoulder length light blonde hair rode on his white horse. A girl around the same age with long brown hair was blowing in the wind. She rode on a blonde horse as she was behind the boy. They both have pointed ears and grey eyes, but the girls changes to a blue color at times. The girl had a red tunic shirt with long angel sleeves. She was wearing silver pants and dark brown boots. She has a small sword strapped to the belt around her hips and the boy had one strapped to his back. They both had a quiver filled with arrows on there back with a bow.

Luna’s Point of View

I rode up alongside Legolas as we approached the lake. It was hidden near the border of Rivendell. There was a small waterfall that gracefully poured into the lake. Legolas looked around amazed as I climbed off my horse.

“What is this beautiful place?” He asked. I walked over to a rock as he watched me. He climbed off his horse and followed after me. I knelt down next to it and I reached in and grabbed a box.

“I never told anyone about this place. Nor about this.” I said. I pulled the box out of hiding and I sat down. Legolas sat down next to me curious as to what it was. It was a small wooden box that had a lock on it but I found no key.

“I haven’t found the key to it. But it would be interesting to know what’s inside.”

“I’m curious now. Is there no other way to open it?” He asked and it gave me an idea. I placed my other hand on top of it and closed my eyes.

“Panta tangwa.” I said and light started glowing from my hand. Legolas looked at me in awe then we heard a click. The light faded and I opened my eyes.

“Did it work?” He asked and I took the lock off. He leaned closer to me to see better as I opened it. Light reflected of whatever it was then it went away. In the box was two silver necklaces, one had a beautiful light blue diamond and the other didn’t.

I sensed something and perked my head up. Legolas looked at me confused as I placed the box on the ground between us. I jumped up and walked a few yards away trying to see what it was.

“What is it?”

“I am not sure. I have never sensed this before. It feels as if it’s full of darkness and evil.” I answered.

“We should head back.” Legolas suggested as he stood up.

“Our fathers would have discovered were gone by now, lets get go-” I said but something growled and jumped at me from the bushes.

I fell on my back and was pinned down by something. A wolf like beast growled at me as I looked at it shocked. My eyes got wider and fear filled my body then I screamed. A dark disfigured creature looked down at me over the beasts head. It was covered in dirt and mud and had a black armor. It’s teeth were yellow and black and his ears was pointed.

“Well, look what we have here.” It spoke.