The Day It All Changed... Chapter 5:

Tonight me and Maddie are having a sleepover! I can't wait. This is the first sleepover I've ever been invited to and I can't wait! My life had really been amazing ever since I saved Maddie.

I just got to Maddie's and were about to have pizza and gossip about people. This is the best sleepover ever! We eat our pizza and laugh till our sides hurt the whole time watching mackenzie dancing like a fool. We gossip about the kids at our school and obsess over boys. Maddie likes a guy in our school named Luke and I like a boy named Cameron also in our school. We play games and watch chick flicks until 3 in the morning when we actually go to bed.

It's about 6 in the morning when we get woken up by smoke and a fire alarm. I quickly grab my bag I brought and throw everything I brought in it. Maddie grabs a bag and stuffs it with her most valuable things and we run to the door checking to see if it's hot first. It is so we decide to jump out Maddie's window and we land on the 1st floor patio unharmed and run to the mailbox at the far top of the front yard. Maddie's mom is already there but kenzie isn't. "my daughter's still in there" Melissa cries. "We'll get her out ma'm" the firefighter reassures her. They run in the house and 10 mins later walk out with the fire out and a sleeping kenzie...at least that's what we thought. "I'm sorry ma'm but she's gone. She must have died in the fire before we got here. I'm sorry" the firefighter says. Maddie, Melissa, and I start balling. This has been the worst morning of my life.