Chapter 2 - A New Anbu

The black plagues POV
I woke up really warm. Like middle of volcano warm. I opened up my eyes to see that I was in a bed in a house. I then realized there was a weight on my stomach and looked down to see... an arm draped across my stomach? I looked to my left and saw Kakashi staring at me probably waiting to see what reaction I would have to this. I just cocked my head to the side and then looked around the room. It was a cozy room. The bed was in the corner with a desk at the end of it. On the wall to the right of the bed was a dresser and a bookshelf. There were two doors. One I assumed was the bathroom and the other led out into the rest of the house. I turned to look back at Kakashi and realized that he didn't have his Anbu mask on, but he still had a cloth mask covering his mouth and nose. I reached my hand up to his head and ruffled his hair. I then turned so that I was on my left side and snuggled into him. I grabbed his shirt with my hands and fell back into a deep sleep.

Kakashi's POV
I looked down at the kid in shock. He didn't seem to care that he woke up in my house. He also just snuggled up to me! A smile made its way to my face as I just hugged him to me harder and fell asleep as well. The world can wait for us, we have some sleeping to catch up on.

A few hours later

I woke up to something moving against my chest. The kid had woken up and was stretching his arms. I continued to watch him yawning as I waited for him to notice that he woke me up. He looked up at me when he finished stretching and then cocked his head at me. He twisted a little in my grip and I realized he wanted to get up. I frowned at that but let go of him anyway. He slowly got up and sat at the edge of the bed yawning and stretching his legs. He looked around and then back at me and cocked his head. "The door on the right is the bathroom." He nodded and then reached over and ruffled my hair. I pouted at this and he shook with silent laughter. He walked over to the bathroom and disappeared into it. A few minutes later I heard the shower running. After a few minutes of stretching and yawning I got up and changed into my daily attire. The hokage had given me the day off to get the kid used to Konoha. I went out of my room and to the kitchen to make breakfast. I made pancakes and set a plate for him in the oven to keep them warm. I then walked back into my room and knocked on the bathroom door. "Breakfast is ready. I put your plate in the oven, so come out and eat when your finished." I waited to hear if he made any noise in reply, but I got silence. I shrugged it off and went into the kitchen to eat my pancakes. Once I finished I went and sat down on the couch and pulled out my book to read while I waited for the kid. I'm gonna need to start calling him something other than kid. I'm certainly not calling him the Black Plague. A few minutes after I sat down to read the kid came walking slowly out of the hallway. He looked over at me and then at the kitchen. He walked there and opened the oven to grab his plate. He grabbed the syrup that was on the counter and put it on the pancakes. He then sat at the table facing away from me and ate slowly and silently. At first, I tried to keep the urge to look at his face down, but after a few minutes of watching him eat I had to see his face. Wow, Kakashi. Look at you, trying to see what's under a mask when you don't let people see what's under yours. I got up from the couch and walked over to him. As I got closer he didn't make a move to stop eating. He continued to eat at a slow pace, not even acknowledging that I was behind him. As I was about to be level with him someone knocked on my door. My head snapped up to look at the door. I then looked back down at the kid to see that he wasn't there. I looked around and heard the sink running. I looked at the sink to see the kid washing his now empty plate in the sink. I was a little angry at whoever had knocked on the door and made me miss my chance to see his face, but at the same time I was smirking at him. He seemed to get that I got the joke. I walked over to the door and opened it to see who was there. Tenzo was standing there with his arm raised to knock again. Once he saw that I had opened the door he lowered his hand. He seemed to notice that I was a little angry as he cowered back a little at seeing my face. "Hi, senpai, I asked the hokage what happened to the Black Plague and he just said to ask you, so..." I sighed. Tenzo has a tendency to gossip and just wanted something to spread. "Tenzo, I have the day off, and you will find out soon enough as to what happened to him." Tenzo looked at me then looked behind me and his eyes widened. I looked behind me and the kid was standing there with his head cocked to the side. "Wh- h- s- senpai! What is he doing in your house!" I looked back at tenzo, exasperated. I then closed the door in his face and turned back to the kid. "You did that on purpose." He looked at me and then turned back around and walked to the living room and sat on the couch. I followed him and sat across from him. "Look kid, I need to call you something other than "kid". And I'm not calling you "the Black Plague" so you better give me your name." He cocked his head at me and then held out his hands. He made a grabbing motion with his palms facing upward. I looked at him and he cocked his head. "No, I'm not letting you write it down. Either you tell me by talking or I'm gonna start calling you midget." He continued to stare at me. He then pointed at his throat and made a x with his hands. "I know you can talk. The guy you let go a couple years ago said that you talked, so spill it." He looked down and played with his fingers. I sat there with my arms crossed staring at him waiting for his answer. He looked up at me and beckoned me closer. I scooted closer to him and he crawled closer to me. He stood up on his knees to reach my ear. I waited for him to say something. All I could hear was his quiet breathing that almost was nonexistent but because of my enhanced hearing I could pick it up. He cupped his hands around his mouth and my ear and took a breath in. "Kuro chinmoku" He took his hands away from my ear and sat back down on his butt. He leaned into my side and hugged my arm. I was still in shock. His voice is so demonic. Not only that but it seemed as though a boy and girl were talking at the same time. And his name. Black silence. I wonder if his parents gave him that name or if he came up with it. I looked down at him. "Okay, Kuro, lets go get you some things. You need clothes and some other stuff. We also need to go to see the hokage later." He stiffened when I said his name but relaxed as I continued talking. I wonder if he likes his name? Or maybe he isn't used to people calling him that. I then tried to get up but couldn't because he was still latched onto my arm. "Kuro, you have to let go." He looked up at me and shook his head. I frowned at him and tried to shake him off my arm. He only seemed to hold on tighter. I sighed, " at least latch onto my neck so that I can use my arm." He looked up at me in what I guess was a smirk as I brought my arm up higher so he could grab my shoulders. I just shook my head at his childishness. He latched on to my neck and put his legs around my waist. I sighed yet again and started to walk towards the door. He tightened his hold on my neck and dug his legs into my side. I looked at him in question and he just stared at me. I then realized what he meant and scratched my neck sheepishly. I grabbed his legs and held him up and he loosened his hold. I shook my head yet again embarrassed that he had to remind me how to carry him.