Chapter 6

That face.

Those amber eyes.

Those perfectly curved che-

"Hey girl!" I was pulled out of my hypnosis by the same voice which I hated seven seconds ago.
"Hey Lucas, didn't know you came to such places to? " I laughed, trying to hide my embarrassment.
"Me too! But sometimes I need some funk in this boring life of mine. What you doing here alone princess? "
Wait what? He called me princess? Oh oh I don't like where this is going

And then it hit me.

I was alone on the table.

You ever got that feeling of being alone with some total stranger you admire at school and he/she trying to flirt with you but you believe any action you take will mean endgame?

Well there I was.

"Wait what? I'd swear Gabbie was sitting here some few seconds ago! " I said,  desperately trying to find my blockhead of a friend amongst the alcohol driven dolls dancing in the dancehall.
Ugh I'mma kill someone when I see her!

"I could keep you company if you're feeling lonely in here. Talking to someone who's not trying to improve thier *one_night_stand skills would be nice"
Crap, I wish I was still a little innocent girl, but we all know that's far from being true.

"Um o-okay, nice".
This ain't gonna end well for me
Silence.

Silence.

If not for Rihanna's hit WORK which was blasting on the speakers, I'd have thought I'd gone deaf, until Lucas finally broke the silence.

" You're new at Kennedy high? "

"Yeah"

"... "

"You don't seem quite comfortable with receiving attention"

Why you son of a b-

"Yeah, I'm used to being alone, with my keyboard and text editors, typing things I can't even explain to my self sometimes" I said, trying not to look antisocial. I mean he'd know at once that I'm a secluded person but saying it in the first place is already a step at being sociable right?

"Nerd alert! " He laughed back.

Seriously?

"Yeah you got it right" I said.

"Being a nerd's actually kinda nice you know; being someone who loves knowledge gives you a lot of power and advantage over other people in many situations"

"Wait, you're one of us too? " I asked, taken aback by what he just said. I mean I wasn't expecting such from Lucas.
He's the principal's son and doesn't seem to care about his grades so I hear. But him talking about such things to a total stranger seems kinda funny to me.

"Well it does, and that's why it comes before everything in my life, well apart from food, and sleep too"

"Not many people will say so. We all somehow will agree that knowledge doesn't necessarily guarantee success in today's world right? "

He seems to be into the intellectual parts of people. I like that!

"Thats true, we're in a world were the most popular people on Instagram and Twitter run the show. But it doesn't mean being a knowledge bank's bad" Just when I was already a bit comfy with our bizzare conversation, Gabbie appears from nowhere panting;

"Girl we gotta go- oh holy crap hey Lucas! We gotta run home now okay? Byeee! "

And that's how I was practically dragged home, just as I was dragged here actually feeling exhausted from drinking two glasses of beer while talking with Lucas. Right now I'm feeling like I'm falling from space, and I just took a resolution:
I'm never going clubbing again!!!

Hope y'all enjoyed this!
I'm still an amateur so it won't be as great as you (or I) would expect it to be but....
Please vote and comment too! 😇
Love
~Xena