fourteen - leave gale alone!

"And the winner is Fairy Tail's Gale Redfox!"

Sweat clung to Gale's pulsing muscles as he towered over his defeated opponent who lay face down on the arena floor.

The crowd went wild around the iron dragon slayer cheering his name over and over again with overflowing excitement.

He had forgotten what it felt like to fight in a magic league fight. The constant adrenaline pumping through his veins and the euphoric satisfaction of winning not only for himself but for those supporting him.

To Gale, it was almost better than reading his favourite book. Not quite as good but pretty damn close in his opinion.

He looked to the sidelines searching for a certain redhead and when he finally found her, he allowed a grin to spread across his lips.

Rose was glowing in pride and on her face adorned a smile which made Gale's win feel twenty times more cherished.

"Hell yeah, Metal Face!" Nashi cheered from beside Rose.

Gale walked towards them where Storm ended up handing him a towel.

"You spend so much time reading, how the hell were able to get that much better at fighting?" Storm laughed, swinging his arm around Gale's shoulder and ruffling his hair. "Congrats man."

Gale threw his best friend a glare but he was just so happy at the match's outcome that he couldn't stay angry-faced.

He looked up to Principal Laxus who was grinning back at him.

"You did great out there, Redfox. I'm proud. Now let's go celebrate."

__________

The next day...

Gale hated the attention that came to him the day after his Magic League fight.

Why couldn't people just celebrate for one afternoon and let it go?

Why did he have to deal with random people bothering him in the school corridors with their energetic congratulations that he didn't want?

Hunter and Storm weren't helping out either. They just watched as he was paraded with all the attention and snickered at his discomfort.

Thankfully when they reached the library, Gale was finally left alone and he could enjoy his book in peace and quiet.

What he'd give to be a librarian when he was older. Being surrounded by books and getting paid to tell people to shut the hell up... That sounded like the perfect life to Gale Redfox.

"He's making a weird face." Storm said staring at Gale who was seated across from him.

Hunter smacked Gale at the back of the head, snapping the boy out of his oh so perfect fantasy.

Gale scowled.

"Yay the Redfox we know and love is back." Storm laughed before getting his textbooks on the table, ready to study.

"You're welcome." Hunter simply said as he pulled the seat out next to Gale and sat down. He got his phone out and started cycling through his new messages.