Chapter 6 - Truths & Memories

[Harry's POV] 

At first I just stare at him as if he's grown another pair of eyes, but when the words finally have processed in my head, I let out a loud gasp followed by tears welling up in my eyes. Without so much as waiting for anyone to say anything, I get up from the couch and run to Liam's bedroom, only shutting the door behind me since it doesn't have a lock.

I don't even make it to the bed until I fall to the ground and start screaming hysterically with tears running down my face. My mascara is probably all over the place, but I can't care less about that now. What I do care about however, is the fact that Louis is planning on proposing to Eleanor. How can he? They've only been together for what? Three years? Sure, Zayn proposed to Perrie early in their relationship but they're an exception. Three years is definitely not a long time.

The worst thing, however, is the fact I was starting to think he actually had feelings for me. The way he's been acting lately... he's not been that affectionate with me ever since management told us to stay away from each other in public about three years ago. I thought it meant something, but clearly it didn't. I'm still just stuck in the friend zone where I want what I can't have, and seeing as Louis is about to get married, I'll probably be so forever.

I cry so loud that I miss hearing the sound of the door creak open, so when I feel a hand on my shoulder I flinch. "Harry, come here," I hear Niall say, tugging at my arm.

Shaking my head, I let out a heartbroken sob. "There's no point, Niall. I don't c-care. Louis' happy, and so am I. I'm so incredibly h-happy for him. I mean, why wouldn't I be? He's my best friend and he's getting m-married."

Without uttering a word, Niall pulls me onto his lap so my head is lying on his thighs while new tears keep escaping my eyes. His hands are in my hair, combing my loose curls that probably are everywhere, just like my make-up. "Shh, don't speak. It's okay, Harry. Everything will be okay," he tries to soothe, but I just shake my head.

"Don't say that when we b-both know it's not true. Why does everyone always try to r-reassure people with the same kind of rubbish? Nothing will be okay, Niall, nothing."

He sighs, brushing my curls to the side. "I'm so sorry, Harry. None of us expected that from Louis. Sure, we knew he loved her, but not so much that he wanted to commit to her this soon."

I shake my head, soaking his shirt with wet tears that just keep running down my cheeks. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't be such a wimp to cry my eyes out over this. If anything, I should celebrate like I'm sure the other guys are doing out there right now. I just... I just c-can't." I sniffle, my voice cracking at the last word.

Niall looks down at me sadly. "I know. It's obvious that you have deep feelings for him. I just can't believe Louis hasn't figured it out yet. I mean, he's the one you give heart eyes to and the one you're always nervous around. He's so fucking oblivious."

I furrow my eyebrows, wiping a few tears with the back of my hand. "I'm really that obvious?"

He grimaces, and that's when I understand that I am. For how long has he known about it though? I mean, if he's known it since the start, he would've told me earlier, right? "N-Niall, for how long have you known about... it?"

He trails his fingers to my cheeks, wiping my damp skin with the pads of his thumbs. I really appreciate that he does all this to me when I'm an absolute wreck, crying over a stupid thing named love. He's just too amazing to be true.