Chapter 17. Second Year Sorting ☾

A/N: Don't own it.

Eventually, the Knight Bus arrived at their stop. They grabbed Hedgwig's cage and their brooms before they filed out into Hogsmeade. They started walking up towards Hogwarts, noticing they were very early.

They got into the Great Hall and took a rest. It was, after all, a long trek from Hogsmeade to Hogwarts. They were surprised to see Professor Snape come bounding through the doors, stalking right towards them.

"How, might I ask, did the two of you manage to get here two hours early?" Professor Snape interrogated. Harry scrunched his nose in worry and Draco had to avert his eyes. Draco had to look for the Gryffindor courage he was sure must be buried there somewhere before he answered.

"Dobby, for some reason, thought it would be hilarious to close the barrier to the King's Cross station. Weasley, Harry, and I were stuck on the muggle side of the station and could not make it to the train on time. Weasley had the bright idea to take his father's flying car. He should be here before the end of the year, if he does not get lost. Harry and I-on the other hand-took the Knight Bus." Draco informed his godfather. Severus scowled.

"You went on the Knight Bus by yourselves?" Severus snarled. "Do you realize how dangerous that is?"

"Well, technically, Remus was there for a time." Harry piped in. Severus rolled his eyes.

"Of course, Lupin. Why am I not surprised?" Severus muttered. He sighed. "Well, you best get along to Gryffindor Tower to unpack your things. You will still be expected to arrive at the feast in a timely manner." Harry and Draco nodded, grabbed their things, and went to the tower.

As they began to unpack, Harry's eyes widened in realization.

"Hey, this will be the year Luna arrives at Hogwarts." Harry told Draco. Draco rolled his eyes.

"Do you mean Loony Lovegood?" Draco clarified. Harry scowled at him.

"Don't call her that! She's a nice person, and a good friend!" Harry defended. Draco sighed.

"I guess." Draco shrugged off as he finished putting away his things. He looked at his watch. It was about time for them to get to the feast. "Come on, Hermione will be here soon. We have to fill her in on what happened."

They scampered down to the Great Hall just as the doors opened and a great many students rushed in. They skimmed the crowd until they saw Hermione's unmistakable bushy hair. When she caught sight of them, she stomped over.

"What did you think you were doing? I was worried sick! I didn't know where you were or if you had gone with Ron in the deathtrap of a car!" Hermione began to rant. Draco stopped her.

"Maybe we need an easier way to communicate with you other than owls." Draco suggested. Hermione huffed.

"That would be great. It would have solved the problem of me not knowing what happened during the summer." Hermione thought for a moment. "What we need is a telephone."

"What's a felly-tone?" Draco asked sincerely. Harry stifled a giggle.

"A telephone is a thing muggles use for instant communication." Harry explained slowly, as if he were talking to a three-year-old. Draco's eyes widened and his mouth dropped in shock.

"They can actually do that?" Draco asked, astonished. Harry and Hermione nodded in unison.

"Hermione, you already made something like that in fifth year, remember?" Harry asked her. She stood there for a moment, thinking, until she remembered the DA.

"You mean, the galleons?" Hermione clarified. Harry nodded.

"Yeah, except, not as easy to lose." Harry added. Hermione thought for another moment.