Pie Thieves

Author's Note: Hey guys! So, guess who decided to write a Pippin x Reader fic? Me! Mainly because I've noticed a lack of them here on Wattpad (or maybe they just aren't tagged?) Anyway, I apologise in advance for this...
---

Smiling lightly to yourself, you put the pies you just made on the windowsill of your kitchen to cool. Three golden beauties made especially for Bilbo Baggins' 111th birthday party. One apple, one blackberry and one cherry. Perfect.

Usually you weren't much of a baker, but with some help from a friend of yours you decided to do something special for Mister Bilbo. With a sigh, you take a bite out of the cake you're eating, happy with your handy cooking skills. Your mind wanders, and you begin to think about what fireworks Gandalf might bring this year. Gandalf always let off the most elaborate and beautiful fireworks, often creating moving shapes and creatures.

Clearly, you remember a time when you were little. Chasing electric blue and flame red butterflies all over the Shire and giggling like a madman when they poofed as your chubby fingers swept through them.

'I wonder what he'll have this year...' You think to yourself, taking another munch of cake. You are, however, snapped out of these thoughts by an insistent knocking on the door. Groaning at having to leave your chair and cake, you stand and meander over to the little round door.
Knock knock knock.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" You call out, shaking your head. Who in Middle Earth would be calling so urgently?

The answer was, of course, no one. When you pulled open the door not a soul was in sight.

"Hello? Hello? Huh, ridiculous." Muttering, you begin to close the door, but stop when you see a bush near your window move. Your open window. With your pies on it. Smiling into your hand, you decide to walk out into the garden.

"My my," You call out in a song song voice, "Whoever could have just... Vanished? Into thin air?"

You reach the bush and ready yourself, before leaping straight into it. Your open arms are met with two hobbit forms, and all three of you fall back in a heap. You laugh in triumph.

"Ha! Gotcha!"

"Aw, (Y/n)!" One of them complained.

"Couldn't we try one?" Bargained the other.

"Nope!" You laugh again and help them up. Both had curly hair, in slightly different shades of reddish brown. They could've easily been mistaken for brothers, but you knew. "I have told you many a time, Peregrine Took, Meriadoc Brandybuck, no stealing food from my windowsills!"

"You're no fun!" Laughed the ever so slightly shorter if the pair, Peregrine Took, or Pippin as most (including you) called him.

"Yeah, who knows, they probably need testing so no one gets food poisoning from your cooking!" Snorted Meriadoc, promptly getting smacked on the nose by you.

"Rude!"

"It's true!"

"Give over, you'd eat 'em even if they'd been through a troll first!" You exclaim, making all three giggle. Leaning in, you whisper, "Tell you what... I'll split the apple one with you now... It's, uh, a bit... Burnt."

Both hobbits share a look. Pippin taps his nose.

"Ah yes, a bit burnt."

You giggle and wipe you hands on your apron.

"Yes. But never again. Else I shall tell Samwise about you stealing some of his radishes whilst he ain't looking."

Merry snorts and wraps an arm around you as you begin to go back into your hobbit hole. Pippin does the same.

"He'd only chase us with his carrots anyway."
---
Okay, first chapter done! Yes, yes, I know it's slow, I just want to build up! I'm sorry!