An AliCORNy Date Night

Here ya go Book_Girl_09

"Lemme get this straight," Sophie declared in between giggles, "you think Silveny and Greyfall are having an aliCORNY date night?"

"Sure do, Foster," Keefe said in response, running a hand through his well-tousled hair.

"What makes it corny?"

"You'll see!" Sophie didn't like the mischievous glint she saw in Keefe's eyes. It was almost nine-thirty and Sophie knew she ought to go to bed soon, but something about Keefe's smirk and the possibility of excitement was too alluring to pass up.

"Oh, all right," she caved in, "are we going somewhere?"

"Sure are! Get dressed!" Sophie looked down at her clothes. She wore a shirt that read: This Valentine's Day, I'm sending telepathic gifts. Because it's the thought that counts and Alicorn patterned sleep shorts. On one of her secret trips to California with Keefe, he had bought the t-shirt for her after asking far too many questions regarding humans and telepathy, and what Valentine's day was. She really didn't want to answer that last one.

"I'm dressed," Sophie argued.

"I hate to break it to you, Foster," Keefe smirked, "but I really don't think alicorn shorts, no matter how perfect they are for the occasion, should ever be worn in public." Sophie stuck her tongue out at him, but pushed him out of her room and changed anyway. When she was finished he led her outside where the sun was almost entirely set. Sophie had noticed that during the summer, the sun in Havenfield didn't set till far into the night, a fact with which she had been pleased for it meant she could hang with her friends outside for longer.

About four hundred feet away from them, Silveny and Greyfell wandered through the Havenfield pastures. The Council was adding something special to the sanctuary for the Alicorns, they wouldn't tell anyone what it was, but it was big enough that Silveny and Greyfell couldn't be there while it was being added.

"Well, how corny of them, they're taking a walk." Sophie remarked, quite sarcastically. Although, if she knew Keefe, he had something extravagant planned.

Keefe turned to her and asked, "could you transmit a message to Edaline?"

"Uh... sure... what do you want me to tell her?" Sophie asked confusedly, what did her mom have to do with whatever Keefe was planning?

"Just tell her 'it's corn time' okay?" Sophie couldn't help but laugh at the name.

"Corn time?! God, your names have been getting progressively worse and cheesy!"

"I think you mean corny."

"Nope. Meant cheesy."

"How about cheesy corn?"

"Ew."

"What's God?"

"Oh, in some human religions, it's believed that they're an all powerful figure that created the universe. He's worshipped... not really sure what that has to do with the remark, but yeah."

"I'm a god."

"Well, that's not really how it-"

"And a legend!"

"Wait how did you learn about that slang?"

"Alright! Did you transmit to Edaline yet?"

"Wait, you didn't answer my question!"

"You look stunningly gorgeous tonight, Sophie." Sophie blushed a dark red and almost choked. When she looked up at Keefe he was smirking. What had they been talking about a moment before?