Part One: The Aftermath

I died...

I went to Heaven,

I've been to Hell...

Mom was right.

Alicia sat alone in her room the first night, the second night, she didn't leave the room for a week after she saved the guys. She just kept replaying everything that happened in her head, from the first day she arrived in the Devildom, to when she took her last breath, told off Michael, and pleaded with the Demon King. The weight of everything crashed down around her like a building. She died, she actually died. Heaven, then Hell, and now she was a demon.

She suddenly regretted her decision to not bring her antidepressants with her, would those even work anymore? She could still hear Lucifer explaining everything to her.

"When you petition to come back to the Devildom, you forfeit your humanity. You agree to become a demon." She remembered Asmo holding up a small mirror so she could see what she looked like, she nearly broke his wrist in panic.

She avoided mirrors after that. She refused to go in her bathroom the first night, and when she finally did step inside, she broke down. She avoided looking at her D3, she avoided seeing anyone. Every now and then, someone would knock on the door to ask if she was hungry, or to inform her that they'd place food on the other side.

Eating didn't seem to be a big concern to her. It'd been a week and she barely felt the pang of hunger. She was grateful that Marcus thought enough of her to bring down her favorite breakfast biscuits from the human world. They were no meal, but they held her over more times than not without a problem.

Depression didn't begin to describe what she was feeling. She'd been depressed before, multiple times. She was always able to function through her episodes, staying in bed and sulking was never an option. People needed to be fed, chores had to be done, homework needed to be completed, but now...She didn't need to do anything. She could comfortably let herself go in the void of her emotions and no one would yell at her.

Oh, how badly did she want to let go...

"You really don't need to worry yourself about this, we can take care of her." Lucifer decided to accompany Marcus on his trip to the market. The sorcerer had been making frequent trips to the Devildom after everything happened, and the demon could tell he was exhausted from taking over Alicia's role at home and trying to care for her here. "You're going to exhaust yourself."

"Clearly you can't take care of her. If it weren't for me, she wouldn't be eating." Marcus looked over brightly colored vials, canisters of herbs, and multiple charms. He was irritable, angry, but more than anything else...He was afraid. He wanted this to all be a nightmare so bad...He wanted to wake up and see his sister home, go with her to get icies from the stand around the corner from their house, not seeing her in the Devildom, slated to be its next queen. He'd make a mojo bag, but he wasn't sure if that would do her any good. He knew her meds wouldn't work on her anymore, but the amount of anxiety he felt due to her deteriorating state...he had to do something.

"We've all been through the change before. I think we have a better idea of how to help her than you."

"That doesn't mean anything to me so I'm gonna need you to fuck off." Marcus opened a tin jar and sniffed. "She's gone through God knows what before the witch thing, and since none of you want to tell me what happened, I need to assume the worst. Unless you know of a spell to cure depression, then please fuck off."

"She's been through a lot but she's always managed to bounce back. Your sister is a very st-" The word choked up in his throat. Marcus' eyes were glowing, and he was holding a cloth bag in his hand tightly.