Chapter 23- Flashbacks and Halucinations

Third Person POV~

"Looks like I have to beef up the hybrid security detail." Kaus says as the twins turn and see Stefanin the corner if the room after entering where they were keeping Conner. "I was gonna take him. But then I figured, you went through, such trouble to truss him up in your red room of pain." Stefan states.

"It's from the inquisition." Aleksian tells the Salvatore. "I thought it was a nice touch." Klaus states with his normal smirk. "What'd you get out of him?" Stefan asks as he sees various knives stuck in the hunter, all placed very carefully in places to make sure that it hurt like hell but it wouldn't kill the man.

"Not nearly enough. He's as competent as a fly on the wall." Aleksian responds and Klaus continues, "He's mum about the council fire. And he's not saying anything about the greater evil we're all supposed to be shivering over. What brings you snooping?"

"Well, I can't say it in front of him. As I'm sure you both already figured out, our friend here can't be compelled." Stefan answers and Aleksian shrugs. "Makes my job all the more fun for me." she retorts as she grabs one of the knives stuck in the hunter and twists it, making him groan.

"Sister, please. Let's give the poor chap a little bit so that we can talk." Klaus says and looks at Conner. "You're full of mysteries aren't you?" "I told you. I don't know anything." Conner spits back with a grunt. "Thankfully, we know plenty." Klaus says and grabs his sister's hand before the three supernaturals leave the room.

"So what's with the home invasion? I assure you my sister doesn't like unwanted guests. Just ask the hunter." Klaus states after closing the door and Stefan stands close by.

"Damon said you two knew something about this guy. You know, I should've figured you were up to something when you healed Elena from the werewolf poison without asking for anything in return." Stefan tells them which makes Klaus shrug innocently. "I was feeling benevolent." "You're never feeling benevolent." Stefan retorts back.

"Not true. He just doesn't care for you." Aleksian comments as she pours three drinks, handing one to both men.

"Who is this guy? What's the five?" Stefan asks. "So many questions for such a small brain capacity." Aleksian says with a small smirk. "Well then it's a good thing I have nothing to do today. Except get answers out of the two of you." the Salvatore responds as he sits down in a chair.

"Fine. You might actually be useful in persuading my sister to cooperate seeing as Aleksian over here already refused to try." Klaus says as he walks down and sits on the couch, his twin following shortly. "Well, if you want to make a mend a with her you need to do it yourself, which you're not." she replies curtly.

"The brotherhood of the five, was a group of highly skilled vampire hunters. We crossed paths with them in the twelfth century. Italy." Klaus starts and Aleksian continues, "Our siblings and ourselves followed the Normans as they conquered the south. Feeding, turning people as we went..."

Flashback~

Flashback⏱~