Prologue: Fantasy and Reality

The Animals:

Prologue:

Fantasy and Reality.

-....-

When people think of the difference between reality and fantasy, they think many things, but it all comes down to about the same thing. Reality is real, and fantasy is of the head. Fantasy is all in one's mind, never to actually ever have a chance at being true. But that's because the people who say that are human. What I mean is imagine pockets of land where fantasy can thrive as if reality. Imagine things we could never understand with science taking place in this world. Now imagine the cold hard reality of you never being able to see it because you are human.

To clear things up, and leave no confusion behind, pockets of land, small territories, exist, where fantasy can become a reality, but humans born outside of it will think it's just a normal every day piece of land. Any animal born inside the pocket of fantasy can understand each other more clearly, and can share ideas as if they were human. Humans born in that pocket of land can understand general ideas of the humans, and understand life a bit more kindly then other humans. There are exceptions here and there, but it all makes sense to Fantasy, as for reality, there is no room for exceptions.

Pockets are a rare thing, and the Bajan family has quite the luck to live right inside one. A small family they are, consisting of a mother, a father, and two sons. Mrs and Mr Bajan had their son, Mitch, whom was 18 years old, but then they also had an adopted son. Jerome. Jerome wasn't human, and was very young. He was a 4-5 year old Bacca, who stood 3 feet tall, a little under half the height of Mitch.

Mitch and Jerome were always together, playing outside in the front lawn or exploring the area. The family didn't have any close neighbors, and the town was a 10 minute drive away. Mitch taught Jerome how to speak and how to do certain things, such as playing basket ball and drawing and running without tripping. Jerome looked up to his big brother, and never wanted to be without him. Mitch had to go to school every now and then, and Jerome wasn't aloud to leave the fantasy pocket, but Mitch made sure to make up for that with treats.

Jerome's species was something like bear, without visible ears and could stand on two feet. Jerome liked to wear his little worn out tuxedo jacket with the red clip on tie, which happened to be Mitch's when he was little. The outfit made him feel part of the family, if nothing else did. His momma would brush his fur and give him bubble baths and his father would draw with him when Mitch was at school, as well as play hide and seek with him.

With what a lovely life he had, full of love and happiness, Jerome was young, and still so very curious. Jerome wasn't human, and so he didn't see things completely the same way his family saw them. The forest called to him, sung to him, and he longed to venture. Mitch would take him on short walks, but Jerome wanted to explore on his own. When told no, he didn't understand why. The forest was a thing built into his blood line, and not theirs.

So when Mitch left for school one morning, and Father left for work, and while mother was on the phone with a friend, Jerome left. Jerome approached the forest, and staring up at it, he gulped. To a 3 feet 5 year old, it was an adventure to even step outside on his own. And so, with hesitation, Jerome ran away, into the forest.

And he when he came back, he had a story to tell.

-...-