Tartarus

What if Damasen never showed up to help fight Tartarus?

Bit of background knowledge: 

This is set in House of Hades, where Annabeth and Percy are both in Tartarus. Damasen, the giant born to oppose Ares, never shows up to help fight Tartarus himself. 

And yes, I did copy and paste a little bit of the book to help set the scene. I'm not taking credit for it at all, it is written by Rick Riordan, but I needed a bit to help you understand where Percy and Annabeth are right now.

(I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS, ALTHOUGH I WISH I DID)

(ANNABETH)

The Doors of Death stood right behind them – their exit from this nightmarish world. But they couldn't use the Doors without someone manning the controls for twelve long minutes. If they stepped inside and let the Doors close without someone holding the button, Annabeth didn't think the results would be healthy. And if they stepped away from the Doors for any reason she imagined the elevator would close and disappear without them.The situation was so pathetically sad it was almost funny. The crowd of monsters inched forward, snarling and gathering their courage. 

Meanwhile, Bob's attacks were getting slower. Tartarus was learning to control his new body. Sabre-toothed Small Bob lunged at the god, but Tartarus smacked the cat sideways. Bob charged, bellowing with rage, but Tartarus grabbed his spear and yanked it out of his hands. He kicked Bob downhill, knocking over a row of telkhines like sea-mammal bowling pins. 

"YIELD!" Tartarus thundered. 

"I will not," Bob said. "You are not my master." 

"Die in defiance, then," said the god of the pit. "You Titans are nothing to me. My children the giants were always better, stronger and more vicious. They will make the upper world as dark as my realm!" Tartarus snapped the spear in half. 

Bob wailed in agony. Sabre-toothed Small Bob leaped to hisaid, snarling at Tartarus and baring his fangs. The Titan struggled to rise, but Annabeth knew it was over. Even the monsters turned to watch, as if sensing that their master Tartarus was about to take thespotlight. The death of a Titan was worth seeing. 

Percy gripped Annabeth's hand. "Stay here. I've got to help him." 

"Percy, you can't," she said. "Tartarus can't be fought. Not by us." She knew she was right. Tartarus was in a class by himself. He was more powerful than the gods or Titans. Demigods were nothing to him. If Percy charged to help Bob, he would get squashed like an ant.But Annabeth also knew that Percy wouldn't listen. He couldn't leave Bob to die alone. That just wasn't him – and that was one of the many reasons she loved him, even if he was an Olympian-sized pain in the podex. "We'll go together," Annabeth decided, knowing this would be their final battle. If they stepped away from the Doors, they would never leave Tartarus. At least they would die fighting side by side. (end of the copy and pasting, my words from here on out)

"I love you, wise girl." Percy smiled sadly. He kissed her on the forehead softly, and Annabeth was disappointed when he pulled away. They had been through so much together, only to be brought down inches away from the Doors of Death. She blinked back tears. 

"Tell my Mom I'm sorry, okay?" Percy croaked. She could tell he was holding back tears too. 

"What? Percy, I don't understand-" 

Bob yelled to them, "Hold the doors closed on your side! They'll resist, but you have to hold them closed!" He was interrupted by Tartarus jabbing at him again.