Tartarus (Part 4)

(I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS, ALTHOUGH I WISH I DID)

(PERCY)

Percy had a vision of Annabeth jumping off the Argo II and into the ocean. 

Percy. Athena said urgently, you need to wake up. My daughter is in danger. You must save her.

Percy nodded, and the dream faded. He opened his eyes to the familiar infirmary aboard the Argo II. He jumped up quickly, wincing at his wounds, which woke Hazel. 

"Woah! You can't get up! You're hurt," she said, her voice filled with worry. Percy ignored her and tried to run out, but she blocked him.

"Out of my way. Now." Percy growled, and when she didn't move, he pushed her, hard. She fell over. He felt bad, but he had to get out of there and save Annabeth. 

Percy sprinted through the Argo II as fast as he possibly could. He heard Hazel yelling at everyone else to wake up, and Percy heard all the other demigods quickly waking. But he didn't care. 

He ran to the railing on the ship with Hazel, Frank, Piper, Jason, and Leo hot on his heels. Without hesitation, he vaulted over the side of the boat. 

He heard cries of alarm, and a shrill, "Jason!" But Percy needed to get down there, to save Annabeth. He felt the wind working against him, but still free-fell quickly. Jason caught up with him and tried to wrap his arms around him.

Percy thrashed around and successfully pushed Jason off of him. He realized that they probably didn't recognize him; the giants cut up his face a lot. 

Jason yelled at him, "Dude! I'm trying to save you!"

Percy ignored him, completely focused on reaching the ocean, and Jason seemed confused enough for Percy to finally reach the water. He heard a strangled yelp come from above him, but he didn't care. He dove deep into the water, frantically looking around, when he saw her. 

Her blonde hair was flowing all around her, her eyes closed. She seemed to give up. She wasn't fighting, just sinking. Percy panicked and shot over to her. 

He created an air bubble around them both, big enough for both of them to sit comfortably. He sensed a lot of water in her lungs, and quickly pulled it out. She didn't move, and wasn't breathing. Percy frantically began CPR and mouth-to-mouth. 

Annabeth began coughing, and Percy sighed in relief. He made it in time. Percy closed his eyes and rested his head against the side of the bubble, satisfied. 

 Without his realizing, Annabeth woke up and started to cry, a silent sobbing that shook her entire body. Percy opened his eyes and noticed she was awake, and cautiously crawled over. He scooped her up, her body seeming tiny and frail and fragile. He'd never seen Annabeth like this before. 

"Why?" she croaked out, being rocked in Percy's arms, "Why would you come? You don't even know me... None of them would care if I were gone. None of them." Annabeth cried harder. 

"I'll always come save you, Wise Girl," Percy whispered into her ear.

(Annabeth)

Annabeth snapped up, her tears forgotten and her anger released.

"How dare you-" she started, then noticed they were still underwater, in a bubble. She hadn't realized until now. She looked at the mysterious demigod in shock.

She hadn't seen his eyes yet. She saw them for the first time, glinting in the dim light. Those sea-green eyes... She'd recognize them anywhere.

"Percy..?" Annabeth asked breathlessly, hardly daring to hope. "The person that was chained to the pillar in Athens- That was you?"