06.

S•I•X

|•|•|•|•|•|•|

Marinette listened intently to her new boss as he spoke.

"As you all may know, I do not own this store. I am merely the manager," The ginger haired man, Trixx was what he said his name was, started. "This store is actually a branch of a very famous French company owned by Gabriel Agreste."

Agreste. Marinette thought. That name...

"Well, because this store is new, Mr Agreste will be sending someone every two weeks for about four months to come oversee our progress. I was informed that the person will come today," Trixx explained. "I don't know who it will be, but I know that they will have the power to fire us. We don't want that to happen, now do we?"

A chorus of 'no' and 'of course not' went through the store.

Trixx smiled. "Good, then we'll all try our best to keep the store up and running. Right?"

When everyone answered positively, Trixx set everyone to work.

It was easy for Marinette to get a job in this store because Tikki happened to be best friends with Trixx. The ginger man knew mildly of the Marinette's situation and wanted to help anyway possible.

Marinette stood behind the counter as she watched one of the workers open the door of the store and turned on the sign that said 'OPEN'.

The now redhead's heart sped up as she thought about having to interact with people. She hadn't known why Trixx gave her the job as a cashier when she could barely get out two words without stuttering.

She had been in America for about a week and a half now and it was honestly hard for her. Before she had been helping Tikki out at her bakery and now she finally got a job of her own. She only had to go to the store on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays-- with very decent pay at the end of the month. Otherwise, she would work at Tikki's bakery for extra money (she stubborn lady was insistent).

Today was the 'grand opening' of the store and so Trixx had warned them that they were going to get a herd of customers. Marinette wasn't sure if she was ready for it, but she would have to try.

About two hours into working, Marinette felt comfortable enough working behind the checkout counter. The customers were fairly nice and so she didn't have to fret much.

"He's here!" Marinette heard one of the girls screech and Trixx hurried out of his office with a big smile on his face.

"Mr Agreste!" Trixx exclaimed heading to the front of the store. Marinette didn't bother to crane her neck to look as she was dealing with a customer.

"Thank you for coming. Have a miraculous day," She gave to teenagers a small smile as they grabbed their bags.

"I love her hair," One of them commented as they moved away from the counter and Marinette felt her face heat up. She wasn't used to getting compliments, even if they were indirect.

"And these are the cashiers," She heard Trixx voice as he neared. Lifting her head, her now green eyes widened.

"Girls this is the son of Gabriel Agreste, Adrien Agreste," Trixx introduced the blond man who was looking around the store with a slightly bored expression. "He will be the one overseeing our activity, so expect to see here often."

"Pleasure to meet you," Marinette spoke softly, still feeling a bit surprised.

Adrien's head immediately snapped in her direction, she was afraid he might have gotten whiplash.