More Similar Than You'd Think

Your answer clearly hit home for the bots, who now realized the reason for your sudden sadness. After a moment, one of the humans ask a question. You don't bother to look up to see which one it is.

"How was your home destroyed?" You are asked, timidly.

You give a sad sigh, "There was an asteroid, almost half the size of our planet. We hardly had time to get everyone on ships. In our hurry, we didn't take into consideration the debris of our home."

Not noticing that the blue bot had put her blaster down, you continue, "Most of the escape ships were destroyed before anyone got to the escape pods. I was one of the lucky ones."

"There probably were other survivors who made it to the escape pods in time, but I've no idea where they are or even if the escape pods made it anywhere. As far as I know, I am the only remaining survivor of my species."

Finishing, you fall into a somber silence, a few tears finally pouring over your cheeks.

The tallest of the bots, the leader, speaks next, "I am very sorry for the loss of your home. We, too, know the pain of losing one's home." You notice the empathy on all of the bots faces. They really did know.

He continues, "I am Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots." He places a hand on the shoulder of the yellow bot, "This is Bumblebee, our scout," He motions at the (comparatively) small blue bot. "Arcee, our warrior," Then at the red and white, grumpy one, "Ratchet, our medic," and finally, at the green one, "And Bulkhead, our Wrecker."

You take the pause as your cue to introduce yourself, "My name is (Y/n) (L/n). I am an Echaean from Sonnora."

This is when the small female human snaps out of her trance.

"You can SHAPESHIFT!?! That is totally wicked!"

"Uh, Yes? It is an ability unique to my people, as I have gathered from Earth's population." You watch her seemingly endless excitement with curiosity. She begins firing questions too quickly for you to answer.

"What else can you turn into? Can you turn into a bear? or a Tiger? Ooh, ooh! What about a gorilla? Or a dragon? can you turn into a dragon?! Are there weird space creatures you can turn into? Are there space whales? Ratchet says there's no such thing as space whales but I don't believe him. Can you-"

The oldest human decides to intervene, "Miko, do you think you could bring it down a few notches?" He suggests, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Miko smiles sheepishly at you, "Sorry, I can get a bit carried away." You place your hand on her head in an attempt to reassure her.

"It's alright, you're just curious. I'm happy to answer any questions anybody may have." You address the last part to the rest of the room as well. Both Miko and Raf perk at this, obviously brimming with unanswered questions.

You prepare yourself for a long day of interrogation.

----------------------------

"Alright guys, you can each have one more question. Then you've gotta go home." Arcee says as she walks into the room. She places down a crate of cubes filled with a swirling blue liquid next to Ratchet.

Miko, deflates, but the other two don't really mind, having exhausted their questions hours ago.

"Okay," Miko begins, "Do you have some sort of alien weakness? like kryptonite?"

"Not that I know of." You reply. "I have not encountered anything of the sort in the fifty years of my residence on this planet." Still, there are a lot of strange things on this planet you are unfamiliar with, having only ever been in the continent called "North America". Your escape pod originally landed in a placed called "Ohio" and until recently, you'd never had a reason to stray too far from that place.