Chapter 5

I'm at the mall with Charlotte. It's been a week since the incident with Elijah. I haven't seen him since. Calum won't tell me what happened after Alex took me from the gym. Though he made me tell Charlotte.

She's glued to my hip every chance she gets now and Alex is constantly in the halls, watching me. I'd noticed the other Stone boys watching me in the halls, too. It's a little unnerving.

   Calum disappeared for a few days after our ice cream trip. It was fun and he was great at keeping my mind off what had just happened. I still feel bad that he and his friends had to deal with my problem, but they've all been sure to assure me that they were fine and it wasn't my fault. I feel a little better, but I'm still having nightmares. It's foolish to be so upset when barely anything even happened. I just can't help it.

"Come on! Lets go in here!" Charlotte drags me into another store. I groan, but follow. We'd been shopping for hours. "Stay here. I'll find you some outfits." She shoves me into a fitting room and I hear her heels quickly click away. She'd done this in every store we'd gone to. In her mind, shopping is therapeutic. It just frazzles my nerves more. She'd bought me hundreds of dollars worth of clothes. "Put this on!" I look up just in time to get hit in the face with a pile of clothes. The clothes fall to the floor and I look up again, ready to complain. I throw myself at the wall when a pair of shoes follow.

"Nice, Char. Real nice!" I call out to her. "Can't you just hand the stuff to me like a normal person?"

"Did I hit you again?" She didn't sound at all sorry. More amused and a little smug.

"What do you think?" I glare daggers at the door.

"Oops. Oh well. Put that outfit on and come show me! I have more!" I roll my eyes with a grin on my face as I begin to strip.

"You know I can pick out my own clothes right?" I say, putting the shirt on.

"Yes and I know you well enough to pick them out for you. Hurry up!" I quickly put on the outfit and look at myself in the mirror.

"Uh, Char? I'm not so sure about this." I'm wearing a black crop top with a zipper up the front and a pair of jean shorts. Along with a pair of black Vans. I wrap my arms around my exposed stomach, uncomfortable.

   "Come on! I bet you look great! Let me see! Oh! And here's a matching bag!" A bag comes flying over the door and nails me in the head

"Come on! I bet you look great! Let me see! Oh! And here's a matching bag!" A bag comes flying over the door and nails me in the head. I stumble and fall into a wall.

"Charlotte!" I stare at the door to the fitting room angrily. Was that really necessary?

"Sorry! Now get your cute little butt out here and let me see!" Throwing the bag over my shoulder, I sigh and step out. She gasps, then squeals and starts clapping. "You look great! We are so getting this. Now try this on." She scoops a pile of clothes up and throws them at me. I catch them and glare at her. She grins at me and starts shooing me back into the changing room. I give her another playful glare before closing the door. "Throw the outfit you're wearing back over so I can start making a pile of what we're buying."