The Start of Something New

Mitch's pov

I wasn't expecting those words. At the same time, I wanted to tell him the exact same thing.

"I love you too Scott."

"Mitch, I don't feel like going to school. I'm scared."

He sounded terrified. I wanted to comfort him. I wanted him to feel safe with me. He needs rest.

"Honey, I know. What do you say we take the day off. We can go back to my house and have a movie day. Does that sound ok?

Scott gave a soft smile.

"That sounds perfect."

I decided I would just leave my car at the school and pick it up tonight. I started the car and soon enough we were out of the parking lot.

The car ride was silent. Not a word. It was a good silence. The kind of silence where you can hear nothing but everything at the same time. It was comforting.

We pulled into my place. As we were walking in Scott stopped in front of the door.

"Scott? Are you ok?"

He just stared at the front door.

"Scott sweetie what's wrong?"

He spoke in a quiet tone.

"Don't let me go. I don't know how I'd live without you here."

He started to tear up.

"Baby I'm not going anywhere. Ever. I promise."

We finally made it through the door.

"Why don't you search through Netflix and I'll pop some popcorn. Sound good?"

Scott nodded and gave me a cute smile. I can't get over that smile. It's so soft and sweet.

I walked back into the room with popcorn. There was a romance movie on the screen. We both hadn't seen it.

"It's called Stuck in love." He said motioning for me to come lay with him.

I wrapped around his strong body. My head on his chest and my legs tangled in his. I wouldn't trade anything in the world for where I was now.

I looked up at Scott. He was asleep 30 minuets into the movie. I placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Goodnight Scott. I love you."

Scott's pov

I woke up to Mitch asleep in my arms. I placed a kiss on his forehead and untangled my self from his little adorable body. I took our popcorn bowl to the kitchen and placed it in the dishwasher. I walked back into the living room cuddling back up with Mitch. He is sound asleep. I just stared. He is so beautiful.

I checked the time. We must have been asleep for awhile because it's almost 7:15. I decided to wake Mitch up.

"Mitchie? Sweetie?"

"I'm awake Scott. I have been. How are you?"

We both sat up gazing into each others eyes.

"I am perfect."

I remembered I had to go home tonight. In 30 minuets. I felt a wave of anxiety flow through my body. I am scared.

"Scott. You can stay here tonight. If you feel comfortable."

I knew my dad would be out all night again. I feel safer here than I have anywhere else.

"Really?" I asked him.

"Of course Scotland. My parents will be home in about an hour and wouldn't mind one bit. I will go make up the guest bed and I think you have some clothes you've left here from nights before. Sound ok?"

God he is an angel.

"That sounds more than ok Mitch. Thank you."

I placed a kiss on his nose.

"I love you Mitch Grassi."

"I love you more Scott Hoying."