Nails

(Short Chapter)

The grief lasted for a week, it was supposed to be a special day. I was going to give Chaeyoung an early gift for her birthday, a special one, one that she will remember for an eternity. I have to pending it because of the sad news. I had to stay at her house for two days because my health unexpectedly dropped, she did took care of me, I was grateful for that, but I can't forget the fact that I ruined her best day. She even had to cancel her V Live with the girls so she can take care of me, I suggested her to just drop me off and I can take care of myself, she rejected, saying that my health is the priority.

My mom, on the other side, moved back to her birthplace, Germany. Yes, my mom is German. She's actually half German half Korean, her dad was German and her mom was Korean, she was born in Leipzig but moved to Korea at the age of 10, met my dad, and voila, I was born. So yeah, I have the face of both Asia and Europe combined. This trait of mine lured many companies from scouting me into the Kpop industry, in fact, I almost accepted one of the offers from a big company before I realized I have to be able to dance and sing and undergo trainee years just to debut. I'm surprised Chaeyoung went through all that.

Furthermore, girls were crazy for me, even before I was crowned champion, I'm famous. Fun fact, I was placed second on TC Candler Most Handsome Faces of 2017. Yup, I lost to Kim Taehyung of BTS, hey I can dethrone him this year.

(Ring) (Ring)

A video call.

My Shortcake.

Y/n: Hey shortcake.

Chaeyoung: YAH~~ Don't call me that!

Y/n: Why? You like it didn't you?

Chaeyoung: No, I never said I like it.

Y/n: Well you have to get used to it, I'm calling you that from now on.

Chaeyoung: Ahh~~ You're so mean!

The pout.

Y/n: Hehe, I love that pout. So why are you calling me? I thought you're busy.

Chaeyoung: Umm...no. I've just finished my schedule. Aren't you busy?

Y/n: I was, though it looks like no more orders are going to the kitchen.

Chaeyoung: Good then, I'm not bothering you.

Y/n: Chae you didn't answer my question.

Chaeyoung: Oh yeah, I just want to tell you, I did a new polish on my nails. Wanna see?

Y/n: Sure.

Y/n: Looks cute

Y/n: Looks cute.

Chaeyoung: Thank you.

???: Chef, we got two orders for table 6 and three orders for table 8.

Y/n: I have to go.

Chaeyoung: Wait, are you free this weekend?

Y/n: I don't know, I'll keep you posted. Bye~

Chaeyoung: Bye~~ Mwah~

Oh God, I can die if this goes on