Stupid Is The New Cute

"I wanted to be with you today on this rainy day, so I can hug you and give you some warmth."

~~~~~~~~~~                                        ~~~~~~~~~~

He heard his heart beating abnormally loud at the sight he just saw. (It's so beautiful.) He thought. (She's so beautiful.) He nodded. "David." He held out his hand. And as she touched his, David felt a jolt of electricity swarm to his body and he felt a little warm. He cleared his throat. "Nice to meet you too."

"So now that we're acquainted...may I ask why you were crying earlier?" She asked.

"No you may not." Complete, utter shut down. Zamn.

"Aawe whyyy??"

"Because it's too personal. And no offense but you're paying your own food."

Melodie sighed. She knows. He has boundaries and doesn't just tell people things about his life. She respected that. But her curiosity grew even more. She pursed her lips and thought about it. "Fine. What do you do for a living?"

David raised one of his eyebrows. "Why do you wanna know? Are u CIA?"

"Why are you so defensive?" She muttered. "Then what do you wanna talk about? I don't know about you but I personally don't want to spend the next few minutes in awkward silence while waiting for our food." She crossed her arms. (Huh he thinks he can sass me into awkward silence again? No way in hell am I gonna spend another one of those with him. It was complete torture.)

(She thinks she can sass me into subjecting to her demands?) "Lawyer."  (She can.)
David ran a hand down his face.
"And you?"

"I'm an artist." Melodie announced proudly.

"The musical kind or the art?"

"Depends on what you appreciate more. I can do a killer vibrato." She smiled cheerfully again.

There was a sudden tug at his heart. He widened his eyes and drank water to mask him smacking his chest where his heart was at.

"Are you okay?" She stood up from her seat with a genuine worried expression.

"Yeah. Don't look at me with that face."

"My face?" Melodie narrowed her eyes. "I can't change the way I look. I am so sorry."

"Apology accepted." He said and she visibly scoffed at him.

"Here is your food. Meat lover.." He placed the pizza in front of David. "..and Super Seafood for you miss beautiful." He placed the pizza in front of Melodie and winked with a boyish grin and walked off. When Melodie looked at David he was staring at her, mouth agape in disbelief.

"That kid..haha..he's definitely not gonna get a tip." He muttered with a hint of bitterness looking down.

"Why not?" She questioned.

He looked up at her and said "Flirting with a customer?" He scoffed. "Especially when he knows a guy is obviously with her. What's up with that?"

"A guy is with me but..you wouldn't mind. We're not friends, and we're definitely not in a relationship." She laughed.

He accompanied her with sarcastic chuckles. (I know.) David thought to himself. She stopped, a bit weirded out.

"Ookay.." She looked at her food. And prayed to God to bless her food first. David saw it and adored her for that. She then got her first slice and took a huge bite and immediately spitted it out on a napkin. "Why is it hot?" She said out loud.