Review

Summary

The main character is Ember Yale, an Omega werewolf that is first described as weak and just an overall lowlife. It starts off with her mate outright rejecting her in highschool. Then she is seen blowing off some steam in a fighting arena, where she channels her anger from her mate's rejection into her strength for beating up her opponent under the alias "Alpha". Then it moves on to her college life that started out well but very quickly went sideways when her mate, Kane, finds her again. From there on Ember just keeps facing more and more obstacles in life (mostly caused by Kane). Even so, she is still fighting, never giving up. At least until Kane has a change of heart.

Overall comments on the book

The Prologue is beautifully written. It is capable of catching the reader's attention once they start reading. The writer did a good job of presenting the characters. Their character traits were shown in a clean and organized format, making it easy for the reader to understand. However, I was slightly confused when I began reading the first actual chapter as it did not make any clear connections with the prologue. Except for the characters that were used. Although the fight in this chapter is very well presented. It was almost like I could feel myself cheering for Ember in the crowd, the atmosphere of the arena is detailed and it provides a beautiful imagery.

The character development that was shown in the main characters were very intriguing. At first, Ember an Omega that looked weak and worthless to her bullies and even her mate. Later becomes a werewolf who never gives up no matter what life throws at her. Her ability to fight is amazing as shown in the first chapter that I mentioned, by destroying her opponent. 

Ember cares a lot about her friends and family, she would do anything to protect them. Quite literally. Which is almost like the Alpha she has always hoped to be, someone strong and brave yet caring and kind. On the other hand, Kane is shown to be more or less a jerk. He is mean and he embarrassed Ember, his soulmate in front of (almost) the entire school. However as the plot slowly unfolds, it would seem that there is more to Kane's rejection than what meets the eye. This book is definitely worth reading for people who are interested in the supernatural genre.

Author

First of all, I just want to say that the writer, Amina Adamou, did a fabulous job writing this book. I am impressed by the way they can keep me on my feet throughout the majority of the book. The twists and turns just keep me guessing as to what might happen to Ember next as the possibilities are endless. I hope they will continue to create such beautiful creations.

Overall

Rate: 8/10

Thank you ClaudiaBramletMay13 for reaching out to me, I really enjoyed the book. I hope you and Amina Adamou will continue creating such lovely works in the future for all to see. I apologize for being vague in most of my descriptions, I just don't want to spoil too much of the plot for the people who are going to read or are currently reading the book. If there are any other things that I have mistaken please forgive me. Have a nice day everyone.