Prologue

Dara's POV

"Dara", my mom shouted. Her voice was one of the voices I hated to hear. It was somehow cracked and surprisingly so loud.
" Dara, how many times have I told you to stay away from boys? You are a teenager already and I have told you that if any boy should touch you, you are going to be pregnant", Demi, my mother tells me.

Who does she think she is fooling? My dad touches me every day and I'm not preggies(pregnant).
She can tell that to Destiny. She is the baby if the house and would believe anything mother tells her.

"I am not hanging with boys na. Take a chill pill and relax dude", I tell my mother.

The next thing I felt was a sharp pain on my cheek and that was when I realized that my mom just slapped me.

" Emi ni oun lo chill pill fun abi"( It is me that you are using Chill pill for abi)
"Mummy na. Oya, I'm sorry", I reply with my most convincing smile
" And who told you that I am talking to boys? ", I ask
" I was passing in front of your room and I saw your phone lying carelessly on the bed and it started ringing so I wanted to come and give you but I stopped when j saw the caller. You saved someone's name as Rotimi boo❤❤"
"Erm...", I started stammering
" You see that you can't even deny it. I am watching you o. Omo Komo(Useless Child)"

As my mom was about to leave, I stopped her to ask for something. She halts and looks at me with unbelieving eyes.
She already knew that whenever I apologize for something, I want to ask for something.

" Mummy, there is one shoe that I saw online. It is from Louis Vuitton. Do you know that very popular designer? It is one of the shoes he just made and I want to buy the show to rock Funke's birthday party. It is just that there is one problem", I say

"What is it? You know you are wasting my time?", mother replies
"The thing is that I don't have the money to buy it.", I say
" Okay, follow me. Let me give you 2500 naira to buy it and 500 naira as transport. Make sure you price it very well o and in fact bring my change of 1500 naira", my mother replies.

"Ehhhhhhh, mummy", I shouted. You want me to buy Louis Vuitton shoe for 1000 naira"
"You this girl. Do you want to give me a heart attack? See the way you shouted. I did not kill my mother so you won't kill me.", she retorted
" If you did not kill your mother, why is she in the grave now? Knowing fully well that you are her only child?", Dara fired.

"Emi ni oun ba soro beyen abi?(It is me that you are talking to like that, right?)
Oun foro wa mi lenu wo abi? (You are daring me to speak)"She replied obviously losing it.

" Mummy, your husband is a multi-billionaire and you are telling me to take 3000 naira to the market?", I say trying my best to provoke her

My mum called my dad and he transferred a sum of 2 million naira to my account. I was so happy

My family may look so perfect on the outside but on the inside, it is so not perfect.
I would introduce you to my family members next.

So, guys, the first chapter is out which is the prologue. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of votes and comments on this book. Please don't disappoint me.
I would be updating this book once a week until I finish writing my current book. And if you have not read the previous story, I would advise you to do although it is still an ongoing one.
I will sha finish it one day. God no go shame us. Please tell me what you think about this story and if you see anything that needs to be corrected, kindly comment and correct it like a normal person 😂😂😂
I did not say somebody is not normal o
Don't go and misquote me. Please

Just click on the little star below to encourage me.
See you next week
Peace ✌️